• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • purdue98

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2015
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    I have been interested in 10mm for sometime but could not justify adding a new caliber platform.
    After doing some research, I decided to take my existing Glock21 Gen5 MOS and give it the option to shoot both calibers.
    Recoil rod/spring is the same in both models.
    KKM indicates on their website 3-4 weeks for delivery.
    Plan on getting 2 x 15 round magazines, if my local FFL is reasonable, I will get 3.
    Not planning on going more than a few hundred rounds of range ammunition and maybe a box or two of defensive rounds.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I have been interested in 10mm for sometime but could not justify adding a new caliber platform.
    After doing some research, I decided to take my existing Glock21 Gen5 MOS and give it the option to shoot both calibers.
    Plan on getting 2 x 15 round magazines, if my local FFL is reasonable, I will get 3.
    Not planning on going more than a few hundred rounds of range ammunition and maybe a box or two of defensive rounds.
    You'll need a 22lb spring if you plan on shooting full power 10mm.

10mm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2024
    Greencastle
    I have at least a couple kkm barrels. I haven't tried a conversion, but they've all been a rather superior product imo. I can't speak for recent years because I bought them for everything I needed and they haven't worn out yet. Gen 3 20, gen 4 40 as far as 10mm and they're excellent.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    KKM Precision...I've purchased a few of their barrels over the years and never had an issue with them.
    They tend to be very accurate.

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    Complete guide rod dedicated to the 10mm.

I had this setup with my G20 but after a while I just found a G21 slide and just swapped slides when needed. Then came a complete frame and I just had two compete pistols.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    The gen5 models share the same setup. Dual spring recoil guide rod. Not sure how you would change this out??
    I just tried to find Gen 5 RSA for G20 21 with 22lb spring set up. So far I cannot find them.
    Might try calling Glock Store see if they are going to make them. Or maybe they have them and I just didn't see it.
    What is the current springs weight? Maybe Glock made a stiffer spring for the 10mm Gen 5. Might be worth calling Glock and asking.

purdue98

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2015
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    I just tried to find Gen 5 RSA for G20 21 with 22lb spring set up. So far I cannot find them.
    Might try calling Glock Store see if they are going to make them. Or maybe they have them and I just didn't see it.
    What is the current springs weight? Maybe Glock made a stiffer spring for the 10mm Gen 5. Might be worth calling Glock and asking.

purdue98

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2015
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    According to the Glock Store, the 17lb RSA is common across the G20 and G21 platforms.
    I found a JAGER Products Gen 5 Captured Hardened Steel Guide Rod (HEAVY .270). I have contacted them regarding the spring weight used as this information is not available (rod type is G20, G21 gen 5).

The original plan is just to purchase 200-300 rounds of AAC 180grain 10mm. Shoot 1 box and keep the rest for down the road.

I am not going to go crazy as this is just an opportunity to run another caliber in my Glock 21. It is going to be a secondary option. I got the Glock21 because I like the Glock22 and the Glock21 shares the same magazines with my CMMG Banshee.

If Indiana every gets grizzly bears, the Henry Model X 45LC will go into service with the Cor Bon Bear Loads ;)

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'm not sure about the gen 5 glocks, but I've noticed on gen 3 glocks that the 21's slide is much more milled out internally than the 20's slide is.

This is certainly for slide mass purposes which affects the timing of the firearm.

I'm not sure running a 10mm barrel in a glock 21 is really the best idea without some means of addressing the slide mass or other method of timing. A ported/compensated barrel would be my recommendation on maintaining safe lockup duration.

purdue98

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2015
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    My last post on the subject, maybe. Contacted KKM Precision. They have not started production of the conversion barrels, maybe summer 2024. Canceled the order.
    Looked for a complete Gen5G20 slide. Found one on ebay but the price made it not feasible. I could find stripped slides but by the time you add the parts, not feasible.

Went to IMPACT GUNS and purchased a M&P2.0 10MM, 4.61" model.
    Searched local FFL and Online FFL. Price was the best, shipping is less than $14 and no Indiana Tax. Local FFL transfer fee is $25

Now I need to figure out what is going to come out of the collection. Either the G22 Gen5 MOS or the Grand Power K100MK12.
    Going to see what brings in the better used price on the market.

Thanks to all the great posting about the conversion from 45ACP to 10MM in the Glock Platform.

chadm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 30, 2016
    West side of Indy
    When it comes to Glock mags. I always go to Natchezss. They have the most competitive pricing. Their Glock 10mm mags are $19.99 each for the “high capacity” ones.

Top Bottom