• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kingrat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Evansville
    my EDC Benchmade 615 Mini Rukus s30v all 3" is usually kept fairly sharp (was a little chippy at first, after sharpening a little metal off the edge and going with a milder 20 degree edge it went away)

i know this is "Knife Picture Thread" but my hand wouldnt let my knife take all the glory :P

sdc10021.jpg

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I was told they fall under the heading "smooth bore pistol" and with a ltc and an extra fee you can legally have one. :dunno: but i don't know for sure.

Indiana has laws against short shotguns, but it could fall under some special exception but idk either

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    We got it at the last 1500. Who would have thunk?

You'd have to make the argument that it's not meant to be thrown, IMHO.

IC 35-47-5-12
    "Chinese throwing star" defined; related offenses
    Sec. 12. (a) A person who:
    (1) manufactures;
    (2) causes to be manufactured;
    (3) imports into Indiana;
    (4) keeps for sale;
    (5) offers or exposes for sale; or
    (6) gives, lends, or possesses;
    a Chinese throwing star commits a Class C misdemeanor.
    (b) As used in this section, "Chinese throwing star" means a throwing-knife, throwing-iron, or other knife-like weapon with blades set at different angles.
    As added by P.L.318-1985, SEC.2.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    some guy at the indy 1500 was trying to sell me a 3 shot shotgun pistol...

Caleb that gentleman was trying to sell you a Serbu Super Shorty.

Its classified as an NFA restricted weapon, but the stamp only costs $5 (instead of $200 for SBRs). It is NOT a short-barreled shotgun (illegal in IN), as it has no shoulder stock.

Most notably, bigcraig has one, and its TONS of fun. Just see the NFA Day video here on INGO.

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    Ya know it is kind of hosed up that my 12 year old made the purchase of an item that may not be allowed to be owned in this state. He handled the whole transaction. He gave the retailer his money out of his wallet with x-mas money. The retailer handed him the product and his change.

Why didn't I see the guy selling flamethrowers?

I'm pretty sure those are not illegal, I see them being sold at gas stations and truck stops around here all the time. I think they are meant to be decorative not functional, as I think most would agree that you will hurt yourself more than anybody else with that knife. I can't think of a practical way to throw it, but I'm no expert either. :dunno:

Indianajeff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Indiana
    Ok, here we go
    Emerson CQC11, Mini commander and CQC7a
    108.jpg

Strider PT
    strider2.jpg

RAT 7 in D2 steel
    rat7.jpg

Ranger RD6
    Ranger21.jpg

MOD Razorback
    blade2.jpg

RAT 3
    RAT.jpg

Rat5 and a TAK
    RAT2.jpg

Delica Cold Steel Native and Endura
    knives2.jpg

ZT 301
    zt.jpg

Spyderco Military S30v
    DSCI0887.jpg

following2dp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Fishers
    I love CRKT M16's. Definately one of the smoothest, quickest blades on the market. I can pull out a M16 with a proper natural grip faster than any button blades I have held in the past.

Trying out my new cell phone cam. (A week ago I had a phone that was close to a decade old, this cell phone cam is a new concept to me)

n731196188_2619383_5304.jpg

n731196188_2619386_7024.jpg

n731196188_2617933_3475.jpg

n731196188_2617931_2779.jpg

n731196188_2617932_3124.jpg

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    My girlfriend gives me a hard time because I own this piece of junk of a knife...gerber, but made it china(from walmart). Sure it's not as nice as a lot of your knives you guys has, but it does the job cutting stuff.

0217091044.jpg

following2dp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Fishers
    How balanced is the blade on the hissatsu and how well does the grip stick to the hand? I was thinking about getting my dad one for use as a dondo in tae kwon do.

The Hissatsu is a knife with a single purpose.
    I read many different reviews for it over the course of a couple years and finally decided to get one.
    I loved what I saw from the original hissatsu and the crkt looked like a solid buy.

Here is a quote that sums up my experience with the Hissatsu knife from the Hissatsu website. Hissatsu | Ultimate Close Quarter Battle Knife
    "These tanto were not designed to shave hair, they were designed to split flesh, and for this they are exceptional."
    James Williams of Bugei Trading pretty much sums it up right there.

When I recieved the knife, it was unable to cut paper, but instead would just bend and eventually rip it. After an hour on the Lansky rig, I was able to cut receits with it, however was unsucessful at shaving my arm.

The Paper Test
    Speaks for itself.
    355284936.jpg

The Cardboard Test
    1st cut on the upper right was a sucessful diagnal slash.
    2nd cut was pushing strait down until I reached resistance.
    3rd cut was a control diagnal cut.
    355285164.jpg

The Bottle Test
    Droped a bottle full of water on the tip. (this is really where the knife excells)
    355284940.jpg

Bottle Slash Test
    Did not open the water bottle.
    355285156.jpg

Bottle Poke
    This is the impressive part of the knife, stabbing. A half full bottle thrown in the air seems to just stop in place and slide down the length of the blade as you poke it. I can't fully describe how smooth this is.
    355285160.jpg

Ballance:

The knife balances less than an eighth inch lower then where the handle and the blade meet.
    355284931.jpg

Yes that is the Hissatsu balanced on a MRE tabasco bottle on a bottle of wine.

The handle is a good mix between a plastic and rubber feel. The immitation stingray skin creates channels for the water to pass through, and even when wet grip is still firm.
    The grip is slim, however it fits my hands perfectly. I have medium sized hands so take that as you will.
    The weight is just right for this sized blade.
    The knife is very easy to control, and removes from the sheath easily.
    The blade is harder to sharpen because of the angles then other blades I own, and I havn't been able to get it sharp enough to cut the thicker Nesquick bottles.
    The blade is made to puncture, open a wound canal and allow the rest of the blade to slide through and remove easily.
    I have no doubt that it would perform this task well (as I have done on fruits in the past)

I would not pay the 110 retail on it, however $40 bucks off of Ebay was a steal. I wouldn't mind getting a second one in the high satin finish.

For more pics go to my Album at
    PictureTrail Gallery

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

IC 35-47-5-12
    "Chinese throwing star" defined; related offenses
    Sec. 12. (a) A person who:
    (1) manufactures;
    (2) causes to be manufactured;
    (3) imports into Indiana;
    (4) keeps for sale;
    (5) offers or exposes for sale; or
    (6) gives, lends, or possesses;
    a Chinese throwing star commits a Class C misdemeanor.
    (b) As used in this section, "Chinese throwing star" means a throwing-knife, throwing-iron, or other knife-like weapon with blades set at different angles.
    As added by P.L.318-1985, SEC.2.

Man, the ninja that lives next door is gonna be pissed.........

WHO think up these stupid laws anyhow? Isn't there better stuff for the legislator to be doing nowadays?

Top Bottom