• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    There was a guy at the 1500 that had a really slick looking little electric belt sander for sale. I looked, and thought "what the hell, I wonder if this little sander is worth the $80 or so he is charging." He was also offering free sharpening.

I handed him my Ratmandu, and after a few swipes through the sharpener, it was duller than when I handed it to him.

I didn't buy the sander.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    no that is tyler34 on here. he is usually set up by kimball (bobcat steel) i don't believe he will do it on the spot but he does put a serious edge on them. he is a site advertiser on here also.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    no that is tyler34 on here. he is usually set up by kimball (bobcat steel) i don't believe he will do it on the spot but he does put a serious edge on them. he is a site advertiser on here also.

Gotcha. Did not know he went by that. I've heard tales of the legendary Tyler34 edge, and one of these days I do intend to ask him to turn a couple of my knives into lightsabers.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    I had my sharpened by the guy with the sander for $4, my knife is M390 ( super steel ) and he put a great edge on it.

Also, I have personally seen Tyler's edges, sharp is an understatement.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I had my sharpened by the guy with the sander for $4, my knife is M390 ( super steel ) and he put a great edge on it.

Also, I have personally seen Tyler's edges, sharp is an understatement.

I've had several knives sharpened by that guy. I've always been happy with his work.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Don't waste your time...Go to Tyler34 (Black Owl Customs)

Support an INGO advertiser and let Tyler34 (Black Owl Customs) do your sharpening...you won't be disappointed. He has done several of my personal knives and I'm telling you it would be hard to find someone that can do a better job.:twocents:

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I dropped off most of my "good" knives to Tyler on Saturday. At the same time I picked up my ZT350 he sharpened for me. I could shave with the ZT.

Tyler sharp >> scary sharp

Tin Cup

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    Michiana
    Now I have not had Tyler sharpen any of my blades yet, but some day. I hear nothing but great things. I think he needs a slogan like " Chuck Norris has me sharpen his razor.".

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I played with that belt sander thing @ the last show, and wasn't impressed to say the least. Good luck finder those funky belts when they break. The $4 folks do a pretty good job, but my hat is off to Tyler. When I can't get an edge I want with my equipment, I've sent them off with him and they've come back better than from the factory.

Top Bottom