• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    Been some time since I needed outside help with this, but a man has to know his limitations. I have two custom fixed blades that need some love. Any recommendations for who can do the work?

Thanks
    Kyle

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Been some time since I needed outside help with this, but a man has to know his limitations. I have two custom fixed blades that need some love. Any recommendations for who can do the work?

Thanks
    Kyle

There's a guy at Profire on some Saturdays that sharpens on a Wicked Edge. He does outstanding work and is quite reasonably priced. I'd call them and see when he'll be there next.

I do most my of my own sharpening on a Spyderco Sharpmaker, but if I need a custom angle or have an edge that's beyond my capabilities I'll pay someone.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    There's a guy at Profire on some Saturdays that sharpens on a Wicked Edge. He does outstanding work and is quite reasonably priced. I'd call them and see when he'll be there next.

chez speaks of INGO member nova512. He is my go to for knife sharpening. If I could post a pic of the ~mirror~ finish edge on my CRKT M16-13z I would. People talk about their knives having a "Rob sharp" edge, they're not kidding. You have to be careful with knives he works on.

Highly recommended.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    There used to be a member named Tyler who did awesome work sharpening. I haven't seen him on here forever but if he's still doing it I'd recomend him.
    does nova 512 set up anywhere other than profire?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    There used to be a member named Tyler who did awesome work sharpening. I haven't seen him on here forever but if he's still doing it I'd recomend him.

INGO'r "7.62" is the guy Brad and Sheila recommend. I think he's out in Greenfield near them though.

I don't believe nova512 is affiliated with profire other than the let him set up there to draw in business. For some reason, I think he has set up at USDS before as well. You might check with them.

I need to take my Japanese kitchen knives to him soon.

Last edited:

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    chezuki;5382075[U said:
    ]INGO'r "7.62" is the guy Brad and Sheila recommend. I think he's out in Greenfield near them though.
    [/U]
    I don't believe nova512 is affiliated with profire other than the let him set up there to draw in business. For some reason, I think he has set up at USDS before as well. You might check with them.

I need to take my Japanese kitchen knives to him soon.

Due to a new baby and other responsibilities (job & family). INGO member 7.62 is no longer offer his sharpening services right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    He was setting up at Parabellum second Saturday of the month when the Profire guys were there along with Mike the molded earplug guy. Personally I give both of them:yesway::yesway: for outstanding work. The knife edge looks like it's been chromed when he gets done and I never thought I would say this but the ear plugs with the filters that Mike makes seem to work even better than electronic muffs..

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

Streck-Fu

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Noblesville
    Guys ill sharpen anything you have 317-972-9661rob

What's the best way to get the knives to you and so you mind sharing your rates?

I have a Wustof 7" Santuko and 9" slicer (straight edge) along with a couple of fixed blade hunting knives and few folders that need more skill than I.

Thank you,

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I take all mine to nova512 as well. I've never had a knife sharper than when he is done with it. A mirror edge and a blade that will make air bleed.

MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    If you are up north, Looking Sharp in Auburn, IN is a great guy and does a great job. Travels within about 50 miles of Auburn with his mobile sharpening business.

nova512

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    west side of indy
    I can meet on the west side anytime, directly after work I can meet a little further east , I work near downtown. You can drop them off at profire any day you like.turn around 95% of the time is next day.unless other work is needed , I fix moderately broke off blade tips as well. Kitchen knives up to 10" is $5 every sharpening. All other knives 1- 4" no I dont use a tape measure lol if its close its 5. $1 dollar refresh unless you try to sharpen it or damage the blade badly. Knives over 4-10" is $10 , 2 dollar refresh. Same rules apply.Knives over that size most generally $15.this is a hobby of mine I love doing it .when I sharpen a knife I do it like I would carry it , so I stand by my work ethic. I also do the cerakote at profire. I am a trained jeweler and offer jewelry repair work.

Last edited:

PoolQs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Noblesville
    I live in Noblesville also. I make custom kitchen cutlery and fixed blades.
    If you would like more info or if I can be of service, feel free to PM me.
    Troy

nova512

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    west side of indy
    guys , its a game to me . how sharp can i make it. some knives take up to 2 hours. i dont charge extra. when i worked for the custom jewelry stores i use to refinish antique , and busted up jewelry along with refinishing Rolex's its turning it back to new or being useful again. so its the same thing with knives i really enjoy seeing a oh $#it look on the faces when they feel the edge. (or redoing grandpas old pocket knife ) per say.

Top Bottom