• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShootnCut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2013
    Indiana
    Yesterday I had to go to the auto parts store to exchange a set of brake drums. Seems there are two different drums that carry the same part number. :scratch: So while I'm trying to get this sorted out a fellow comes in from the parking lot and asks if anyone has a knife so he can cut a hose. I've been carrying a Piranha Predator since July 1st and reached in my pocket and pulled it out. Since I've seen so many inexperienced people drop autos when they opened them and I didn't want my blade skating across the parking lot or sticking in his foot, I snapped it open and handed it to him, handle first. He went outside and in a couple minutes returned it (closed), thanked me and left. Now that story isn't particularly interesting but what surprised me is the fact that no one said a word or even raised an eyebrow. The girl behind the counter, the rest of the employees, the customers, and the guy who used it just went about their business as if I had handed him a Stanley knife. I don't know if word has gotten around that well or if it's just that no one gave a $h**. I'm not complaining mind you, that's the way it should be. Gotta love the new law. I wonder.....has anyone had a similar experience?

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    A lot of people are figuring it out but a lot still don't know. as of now I usually still get the wow factor when letting people see the micro tech otf! I think it's a good thing that no one was bothered. thats a step in the right direction.

ShootnCut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2013
    Indiana
    A lot of people are figuring it out but a lot still don't know. as of now I usually still get the wow factor when letting people see the micro tech otf! I think it's a good thing that no one was bothered. thats a step in the right direction.

Agreed.....they should never have been outlawed in the first place.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    well really with the assisted opening knives it's hard to tell if you were really good with an assisted or if it was an auto, but as stated WOGAS (Who Gives a Shelack) I think people are about over stupid laws that don't do anything

Corporal D

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    SE Side
    I get the opposite when I use my Microtech, most people say "aren't those illegal?". After I explain that they aren't, they ask where they can get one.

I point them towards Brad.

Top Bottom