• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana
    I am looking for a knife with a ten inch blade for chopping and batoning. I would like to spend less than 100 dollars please. I really like the esee junglas but over my price range.

I have a machete already and a couple of smaller knives, so the 10 inch blade is a well compromise for my needs. I need some good suggestions please.

something like this but more ideas cheaper if possible...
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Dsporting&field-keywords=rtac+2&rh=n%3A3375251%2Ck%3Artac+2&ajr=0]Amazon.com: rtac 2: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

would really like one of these but cannot find them anywhere
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Kershaw-1079-Outcast-Bush-Knife/dp/B001TKLF2W/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1331651431&sr=1-1-catcorr]Amazon.com: Kershaw Outcast Bush Knife: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

Happy hunting...:rockwoot:

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I would suggest raising your limit a bit. I know we never want to do that but I suggest a esee junglas from knife lady. the main reasons why is first and foremost. the no question asked warranty. if you break the blade prying bricks out of your patio send it back they send you a new one, if your break it batoning through a dried piece of knotty black locust that a chain saw can't cut, no problem send it back. if you manage to break it prying frozen ice cream from the carton, no problem they fix it. and then next it's a solid chunk of 1095 with a great heat treat, they hold their edge well and it comes with a very nice kydex sheath, with a dangler. for you money this is the knife you want.

I'm not sure what they are going for now knife lady will take care of you though and then you have piece of mind that if your abusing your blade and it breaks it will be taken care of.

however if you choose to stay where you are the kershaw outcast in d2 is a solid blade but I'm not sure you will be able to find one as they aren't in production anymore. they are trying to come out with a newer version I believe but it's not released.

booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana
    thanks grunt for your recommendation, what is the difference between the esee and the rtac 2? What I have seen not much...
    Do you have any other knifes you like from say condor or something like that?

drbarnes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Kokomo
    I suggest one of these, might be more than $100 tho
    9fa5f30c.jpg

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    FYI the Kershaw Outcast is not in production any longer. It is a discontinued item :( or I would carry them again. It will be hard to find them in stock anymore. IF you can find one buy it. It has D2 steel and for the money it is a great knife and comes with the Kershaw warranty. :twocents: If your budget is $100 nothing wrong with a rat from Ontario.

booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana
    +1 to copper, I have ordered a condor kumunga and if i don't like it I am out only 35 bucks. Next one is a Bk9 thanks everyone for the help

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    Grunt is spot on about the junglas (if you can stretch the money)and knife lady will allways treat you right. If the budget does not allow that at the moment the kumunga is an awsome deal. I got one for Christmas ($30ish) and I love it! I admit to being a tad of a knife snob at times :) but I really like the condor knives. Love the kumunga and the hudson bay knife and I call the bushlore the poor mans bravo 1. My bravo sits in the safe since I got it.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Sorry about that I did not know you sold them...they are not on your website, but my next knife purchase will be from you for sure...:D
    So can you basically order any knife that I want???

I can order almost any knife you want yes sir. I just can't stock every name brand and not too many people can. Just too many to choose from.
    looking for ward to doing business with you.:D

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    BK9s are pretty nice for the money. I own a BK2 and that sucker is a monster for a shorter thicker alternative. I like the sheath on the BK2 as well!

Top Bottom