Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot Oct 14,15 and 16........ Whos going?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Anyone plan on going? Hoping the weather stays decent and it doesnt rain. With it being the last one before the election I think it will be packed. Plan on loading up on bulk ammo if its reasonable and components.

I've been watching teaser videos and this one is one of my favorites.

https://youtu.be/h11uEvGc7u8

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    I know several people that thought it was this weekend. I wonder how many will make the drive not knowing that it is the third weekend this time.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    No shoot this year although will be there after to get some trigger time in on the range and browse around. Maybe do some horse trading.

Always a good time for me down there.

woody131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Morgantown
    I'm read to roll, hopefully there are some deals still to be had with the election and all.
    I'm thinking the same thing. Vendors were talking about the election impact on the next show when I was at the spring shoot. Maybe they were trying to get me to spend more money but when I tried working a deal I got the same excuse from a couple of different vendors. ''Who knows how much this stuff will be by the time the fall shoot rolls around.''

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I'm thinking the same thing. Vendors were talking about the election impact on the next show when I was at the spring shoot. Maybe they were trying to get me to spend more money but when I tried working a deal I got the same excuse from a couple of different vendors. ''Who knows how much this stuff will be by the time the fall shoot rolls around.''

Don't go thinking you will find a deal on anything. There are tons of people there from all over creation with bags of cash to spend. The next guy in line will take it for list price no problems. Especially with the election happening soon. Stuff goes quick and often sells out on day one. Vendors drive through the night sometimes brining back full trucks and trailers in the morning to keep on selling. Not saying you may score something although not likely.

Its all about watching the guns go boom and seeing some things you don't see anywhere else.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    I'd love to go and pay to play a little but I'm afraid it wouldn't end there and way too much money could be spent. I'd start thinking a full auto something or other was justified along with all the tax fees associated with it.
    Not to mention the 14th is my wedding anniversary.

Matt

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm not going to be able to make it. I could usually find some halfway decent deals on old milsurp 8mm and the occasional box of other oddball ammo on the first day, but even those would often sell out that day. Some okay deals on some Mausers (from a bin full) occasionally too. Sometime I do want to camp and go to the night shoot.

woody131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Morgantown
    Don't go thinking you will find a deal on anything. There are tons of people there from all over creation with bags of cash to spend. The next guy in line will take it for list price no problems. Especially with the election happening soon. Stuff goes quick and often sells out on day one. Vendors drive through the night sometimes brining back full trucks and trailers in the morning to keep on selling. Not saying you may score something although not likely.

Its all about watching the guns go boom and seeing some things you don't see anywhere else.
    I agree 100%. Down at the creek my motto is the time to buy it is when you see it. When I try to get thrifty is after I've spent all my money and I'm trying to buy 4 or 5 cases of ammo off a skid right before I go home.

Reverend Dreed

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2016
    new hope
    My son is flying in from Cali with 3 or 4 friends. They will most likely be there all 3 days I plan on going with them on Sat. I have not been there for several years.

Parrthed

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2016
    Charlestown
    I usually find a few "deals" here and there. Nothing too crazy, I mean things like $20NIW GG mags and $25 colt 9mm smg mags a couple years back. That's a pretty good deal in my neck of the woods. I'm in the market for a new sub gun, but I'm not holding my breath. I stock up on ammo cans there as well. Although I usually just go for the atmosphere, and the odds and ends scattered throughout.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I'm planning on going on Friday for the day. Not really planning on buying anything, but you never know what you might find that you can't live without.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011

This is why I stopped going. it has become double decker people. Friday I pulled off the main highway a hour early. I waited 2 1/2 hours in the car line to get in the entrance.
    When i attempted to talk price with a vendor. He just turned to the next person in line.

I turned a 3 day vacation into a one.

It was great while it lasted.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    This is why I stopped going. it has become double decker people. Friday I pulled off the main highway a hour early. I waited 2 1/2 hours in the car line to get in the entrance.
    When i attempted to talk price with a vendor. He just turned to the next person in line.

I turned a 3 day vacation into a one.

It was great while it lasted.

You got it man. I took three days off also headed out after one. I got there when they opened by 10ish it was mobbed and was difficult to see anything. Can't be in any kind of a hurry.

I can say I been there done that now.

Be in the area in a few weeks. Going to bring a few guns and see how a regular Saturday is there.

Top Bottom