Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot, Oct 2017, who's going?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I would say if you want to buy bulk Ammo your probably right. Those deals are way better on the internet for sure. Maybe one big dealer will have a good deal on bulk like your saving shipping cost. If you figure your gas , admission and packing it a country mile did you really save anything. If you looking for something old or odd this is the place. Not saying you won't have to pay up for that item but ally of these guys don't sell online so you can find things that you won't see anywhere else. A few years back someone had crates of Romanian pellet rifles for $15 ea. I bought 5 and I wish I would have bought a whole crate full.

And I'll add that when it comes to bulk ammo, you can still (or could, last time I went) find some bulk milsurp ammo like 8mm Mauser for less than you can find it (if you can find it at all) online. When it comes to "modern" ammo though, you're absolutely right. Probably as cheap or cheaper online. They often have crates of Yugo Mausers and Mosins too, although I'm not sure what the prices have done at the show for those. They used to be pretty reasonable. It's been a couple of years since I've gone. :(

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    If you figure your gas , admission and packing it a country mile did you really save anything.

This is the thought that has kept me from returning, so guess my OP was incorrect, there is a particular reason.

Only things I'd really be looking for are primers &/or bullets for reloading.

GrinderCB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2017
    Greendale
    If you go for DEALS GO FRIDAY MORNING BEFORE THEY OPEN AFTER 1ST HOUR THE DEALS ARE GONE

That's a general rule of thumb for all gun shows and shooting events - First hour, last hour. As with any FTF purchase, do your research in advance, know what the item you want should go for, then stick to it but have a little wiggle room. If you find what you want, don't cave in and overspend just because you haven't seen any others. Meander around and then make a final pass by the seller during the last hour. In many cases he might change his price. He might not meet your offer, but he might drop down enough where you could come up. But I digress, this is just basic negotiation strategy. What I really hate is when I'm selling and someone makes a low-ball offer then starts being a jerk, telling me why my price is ridiculous, ten other dealers are wayyy lower than me, why I should cave in, and all that. Hell, at that point I'd refuse to do business with him out of general principle. Make your offer, stick with it, be prepared to wiggle a bit, be prepared to walk away, and be polite.

Fawkes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    If you go for DEALS GO FRIDAY MORNING BEFORE THEY OPEN AFTER 1ST HOUR THE DEALS ARE GONE

Hey don't be letting people in on that! Oh well that seems to SOP for any gunshow anyway. To me the sound of the minigun is amazing, and it makes me laugh at movies where they get it wrong, which is 99% of the time.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Wife and I are going to Merengo Cave tomorrow, may swing by the shoot after. Have a friend there today, is going to text me his thoughts on show, deals, etc., Nothing so far.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Bulk .308 was WAY cheaper than I can find it online - about 34 cents per round, and no tax or shipping. Bulk USGI .30 carbine ammo was less than 30 cents per round. Lots of other ammo deals too, but those were the two calibers I was seeking.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Bulk .308 was WAY cheaper than I can find it online - about 34 cents per round, and no tax or shipping. Bulk USGI .30 carbine ammo was less than 30 cents per round. Lots of other ammo deals too, but those were the two calibers I was seeking.

Dang, those are good prices! What kind of .308? I've gotten some Malaysian (brass, Berdan, non-corrosive) and South Korean (brass, boxer, non-corrosive) pretty cheap at AIM and SGAmmo, but not that cheap. The Malaysian came out to about 40 cents with shipping and the S. Korean was about 42 cents.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Dang, those are good prices! What kind of .308? I've gotten some Malaysian (brass, Berdan, non-corrosive) and South Korean (brass, boxer, non-corrosive) pretty cheap at AIM and SGAmmo, but not that cheap. The Malaysian came out to about 40 cents with shipping and the S. Korean was about 42 cents.

There was Malasian (in .30 caliber or .50 caliber cans) & south African (In battle packs)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    There was Malasian (in .30 caliber or .50 caliber cans) & south African (In battle packs)

Nice! Although I guess driving from Indy I'd have still been pretty close figuring in gas. I'm just happy to see it being plentiful again. I was pretty happy getting the ZQ1 stuff at Wally World for 50 cents a round, but this is better still. :yesway:

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I didn't see the 30 carbine ammo, I wish I would have.
    I saw the Malaysian 7.62 but didn't buy any. I did pick up some older yugo 30.06, 484 rounds in a repainted WW2 can for $145. Can't beat that. He said he had another can that someone had bought.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Any reports on how the show was ?

I was there Saturday. I will say the firing line seemed rather diminished. It was about the same size, but you could tell there was significantly less firepower throwing lead (and no mini-guns at all while I was there, which is a first in all the various years I've attended).

[video=youtube;eeT7N4SxYfE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeT7N4SxYfE[/video]

The talk about the liability requirement for vendors was going around and I heard from a few that they might not be back. So, I guess we'll see what spring looks like. I hope KCR hasn't authored it's own decline.

woody131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Morgantown
    I was there Thursday during dealer set up and on Friday. I thought the crowd was light as well as the vendor turnout. First time I can remember that century arms wasn't set up. They usually take a good deal of my money.

Top Bottom