• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    So with Knob Creek in 13 days who's going, and what are you buying?
    Here is my list--
    1) 55g.FMJ bullets (component)
    2) 147g FMJ bullets (component)
    3) .308 brass
    4) surplus powder (wc844 or wc846)
    5) large rifle primers
    6) there's a guy in about the middle of the show on the right that has shirts with 1) M16's 2) M1 Garand 3) M14 I'm thinking one of each.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    We're primed and ready.
    Gonna meet up with MrSmitty on our way over there.
    Looking for some AK slings, AK parts and...well various USGI parts and accessories.

IndyRon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 1, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I'm looking forward to going. This will be my first time. If you could only go for 1 day, which would you all pick? I'd like to see the night shoot but also would like to do the machine gun rental which I believe is only on Sunday?

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I'm probably 60% sure I'll be going again. Nothing better do do that day than to see a bunch of machine guns blow the crap out of appliances and such. The gun show is fun, too.

Boiled Owl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Newton Co. !
    We'll the weather gods knocked me out of the field so we're going! The 13YO is excited. And don't tell him but so am I. :D Nothing like a Man-cation.
    We'll wear our Zombie Response shirts. Look forward to meeting other INGOers.

Hkfiend

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    in the Ford Galaxy
    I'll be there with one of my best friends and his dad. Don't really have anything specific I'm going after, just a good time and see what can find. Hopefully something awesome

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    I couldn't get there yesterday, but I'm in the area now and waiting on daylight.
    I stopped at Red Ghost, and went to visit MrSmitty on the way down here so I'm trying to get my moneys worth so to speak. Speaking of which, if I'm not broke when I leave Knob Creek (likely, it doesn't take much to happen) I would like to stop at Dave's Gun Shop on the way home.
    The weather is supposed to be excellant, and they've had some rain so there shouldn't be problem with the night shoot. I don't look for it to be real muddy, but could be wrong.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I heard the main bridge into louisville was closed and most people were going through the jeffersonville bridge. That traffic would probably set you back a long while. Not sure of any other way to get there. I always take the shivley exit off 64 then exit 8b.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    If it's not out of your way, or very far out of the way, cross the Mauckeport/Brandenburg bridge using State Road 135 South thru Corydon, or cross at Rockport/Owensboro/wherever. If I were coming from out East I believe I would cross the river at Madison and work it out from there.
    Yesterday it took a good while to get across the Kennedy bridge. MrSmitty told me to stay in the left lane since I wanted to stay on I-65 South, and he was correct. After I got across the bridge our speed picked up, but I was almost to my exit at Shepherdsville before I could get out of the left lane. The traffic was crazy, and for someone that is used to being out on the prairie and having the road to myself it was an experiance.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    It was a great day to be at Knob Creek. The weather was perfect and mud was almost completely nonexistant. I did find a little mud to get in, so I'm happy.
    There were ALOT of people there.
    Those short barrel .50's are wicked. They're also way out of my league. Even spare parts are crazy high priced, so unless I hit oil like Jed Clampett did I'll never have a 50 Browning.
    I talked to alot of the guys on the line, and got info/took pictures of things that they had that I can use at home.
    I found some M14 bolt roller clips and other small parts. As usual Ohio Ordnance Works had some good prices on parts.
    Tip : Get there early enough that you do not have to park in the lower parking lot, especially if you will be leaving late. My GF had to park back there, and I walked in there to get her car so she wouldn't have to go back there alone, after dark ect. It took an hour to get out of there.

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    Another great day experienced at Knob Creek.
    That place flat out Rocks.
    As always, many cool Knives, firearms, and smokin prices on ammo.

The smiles on the first timer faces is worth the admission price.

westfork

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Ellettsville
    Twas a good day as always. Scored a backpack full of goodies and didn't break the bank. Biggest crowd I've seen in the few times I've gone, and thankfully everyone was on their best behavior.

And yes, avoid that lower parking lot. As traffic from the upper lots builds up the traffic guys cut off the lower lot and let the upper lots pretty much empty out first. We got stuck waiting in the exact same spot we did last year. I really wish they'd take turns so the lower lot people wouldn't get so stressed out but whatever it's still a good time and I'm not really a big baby about stuff like that. They do a great job considering the huge volume of people.

:ar15:

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    Yes the KCR people were doing all they could do. That is alot of vehicles to get moved out and it just takes time. It's goes with the territory.

Top Bottom