• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    im thinking about going down to knob creek in april and was wandering if anyone has been there and would have some insite on it. ive heard you can get great deals and the machine gun shoot is pretty awesome as well.

thoughts?

loki.fish

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    SW Indiana
    They cancelled the April shoot, if that's what you were going for.

I went a couple years ago and I suggest everybody experience it atleast once.

Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    Machine gun shoot is a blast but gives you a terrible case of the "I wants". It used to be a little sketchy but it's a lot more organized now. As far as great deals I would say it's no different than a traditional gun show I have purchased a few odds and ends there. Remember pistols will have to be transferred to an IN FFL.

Garrett72

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    Granger, In
    Went to Louisville for a buddy's bachelor party which was unfortunately one week before the machine gun shoot out. Definitely want to go back this fall and check it out.

GI JOE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Dang, did it cancel? Oh well, April is a nasty, rainy month and the parking lot usually turns out to be one big mud pit anyway...

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    i didnt see any pictures on the web site but then again i didnt spend to much time as i was depressed at the moment. i have been talking about going for the last several months.

I saw a picture somewhere that showed the main bridge over the creek knocked out and impassable. I don't know if was on their web site or not.

I Love Bourbon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Machine gun shoot is a blast but gives you a terrible case of the "I wants". It used to be a little sketchy but it's a lot more organized now. As far as great deals I would say it's no different than a traditional gun show I have purchased a few odds and ends there. Remember pistols will have to be transferred to an IN FFL.

How did it used to be "a little sketchy"? That ones a bit lost on me.

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    i went several years back (6-8 yrs ago) and it is a blast. I cant speak to deals because there wasnt much of a deal there when i was there. But the night shoot was a hoot and its something every gun owner should see.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    i went several years back (6-8 yrs ago) and it is a blast. I cant speak to deals because there wasnt much of a deal there when i was there. But the night shoot was a hoot and its something every gun owner should see.

The best deals were for bulk ammo. Lots of 7.62x54R etc at very good prices. Lots of tables of unidentified "stuff" that to the person looking for said "stuff" would be a bonanza. Dusty and or muddy, crowded, noisey, smelly, hot, humid.....A GREAT time!

deanald2pt0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    NW Indy
    Deals on bulk ammo can normally be found. However if the price is really good they typically sellout before the end of the 1st day.

I've seen pallets of 223 disapear with in a few hours of the show opening Friday morning.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    The best deals were for bulk ammo. Lots of 7.62x54R etc at very good prices. Lots of tables of unidentified "stuff" that to the person looking for said "stuff" would be a bonanza. Dusty and or muddy, crowded, noisey, smelly, hot, humid.....A GREAT time!

Agreed. Bulk ammo and messy food. I usually go in the spring, not this year sadly. I never seem to be able to get away for the fall shoot. :(

MrFive

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Hamilton County
    Dang, did it cancel? Oh well, April is a nasty, rainy month and the parking lot usually turns out to be one big mud pit anyway...

Yeah, its pretty bad when the ground is like walking on a water bed and the gravel drive to lower parking has "waves" when a car passes by.

Friends with money had a seat on the line but gave it up after the "stuntman incident"

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Yes, the bridge did collapse under the weight of a loaded logging semi. They've made a temporary bypass that goes through the creek, and they have had to close almost everytime it rains. Speculation from here on: My guess is they cancelled the April MG shoot because they can't get a new bridge constructed by then; lots of people travel a long ways to attend and a 1/2" of rain (which is likely) would make it impossible for people w/o a 4x4 to get in (or out). :dunno:

Top Bottom