• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    i used to go every show, dad and my grand father had 2 slots on the line since the late 60s, N and 19, dad ended up with both after my grandfather died in 99, dad had to give up the slots 2 years ago now due to his job always making him travel and miss the shoots alot so to be fair to others, he gave him up but it was pretty fun, i reccomend stopping by the ohio ordinance booth, they usually have some pretty cool and rare items. its usually one of the first booths as you walk into the big barn, usually in the middle.

Electron don

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Evansville
    Dress for the potentially wet and cold weather. No tennies -- waterproof boots with insulation. Shoulder bag or backpack for those layers of clothes you take off or add. (Not to mention the stuff you may buy.) Earmuffs or at least ear plugs. You will need those even when not on the line.

The good news. Really great people almost everywhere. My first experience with the Machine Gun Shoot was with my buddy and two 8yr old boys in tow. Weather was cold & wet - we had a blast. Do check the website before you drive over. One year, high water cancelled it.

If you buy something big or heavy i.e ammo crate, rifle etc. Most of the vendors will hold your purchase until you are ready to go back. There are classic mechnical mules that will ferry you back to the parking lot for a small tip.

Hope to see you there. Maybe there will be an INGO get together or rendezvous.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Oh yea, memories.........I have not been there in years, maybe its still a good show, but back in the day I thought it fantastic. Last time I went, I went down the slope in my Chevy Blazer, had only the morning to shop, as I had a interview to go to in the afternoon on the way back..............you guessed it, dry in the morning, about an hour before I left, the rain started pouring down and me in my good pants and shoes for the afternoon interview. So I hop and dodge one puddle afet another, but my pants and shoes are soaked..........get to my Blazer.............surrounded by M U D.
    What else could I do, got in, slip and slid out, got to a gas station, and cleaned my shoes in the windshield washer fluid tank by the pump, with wet shoes and partialy dried muddy sportted pants, I had no choice but to make the interview................no I dint get that job, and they video taped the interviews, what a sad sack I must have looked like. :dunno:

Greenmonsta79

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clay County, IN
    I wanted to go last fall badly but I think I am going to get there this year! looks awesome I saw a video on Youtube and said Hell yes where is this place at can't wait!:ar15:

Top Bottom