• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    My wife just started a Graphic/Web design business and is taking on clients. PM if you're ineterested or start taking bids for the project.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Anyone here do web design or know someone who does? Looking to have a site made for my new BBQ business.

Thanks

One piece of advice no matter who you use to host your website.

Make sure YOU are listed as the "Registrant" when your domain name is registered.
    And that YOU have the username and password of the account where your domain name is registered.

This way you're free to change web host providers should you decide to at some point.

I have a friend who hired somebody to write his website and they listed themselves as the Registrant.
    Then tried to tell him that it was "normal" practice.

I told my friend it's fine if you trust them to let them be your Administrative Contact, Technical Contact or Billing Contact.

But NEVER have anybody else's name as the Registrant except yourself.

IN FACT, if you know somebody who's computer savvy to help you, decide on a domain name and register it BEFORE you hire somebody to write your website.
    That way YOU retain control.

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    godaddy is great for domains, you can always find coupons online for ~$7. Regardless who you choose, if you want free hosting let me know; unlimited space/transfer/email etc... doesn't cost me any extra so i don't mind.

http://portfolio.dmcomps.com

Grux

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Carmel, IN
    Thanks guys. I already have my domain name and hosting set up. Right now I have been talking to a designer that is wanting to barter his development time for BBQ! Cant beat that!

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Thanks guys. I already have my domain name and hosting set up. Right now I have been talking to a designer that is wanting to barter his development time for BBQ! Cant beat that!

I hope for your sake that YOU are listed as the Registrant of the domain name.
    GOOD LUCK with your BBQ business! :-)

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton

Good luck with your business and your designer (that sounds like a pretty sweet deal for both of you).

Top Bottom