• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KurtassFW

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I have been thinking about upgrading to non-rotating pins in my AR. I have had my AR for about 7 years. I don't shoot it a lot, because I can't afford it, but I would guess I have put 2000-2500 rounds through it. If I upgrade the pins, do I need the .154 or the .155 oversized pins? I am unsure if I have fired it enough to have warn it to the point of needing the oversized pins. Any help would be great.

Thanks!

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    If you're shooting less then 10-15k a year, you don't need them. Trust me, I like them and think they look cool, but I've never actually witnessed one come out or break. I say this with 18yrs in "the Corps" and rifles with 10's & 10's of thousands of rounds through them...

Spudgunr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    NWI - Porter County
    If you're shooting less then 10-15k a year, you don't need them. Trust me, I like them and think they look cool, but I've never actually witnessed one come out or break. I say this with 18yrs in "the Corps" and rifles with 10's & 10's of thousands of rounds through them...

Maybe so, but my pins came out after less than 1000 rounds. Bad LPK? I don't know. But it took about a half hour to get the mess out of my lower. I upgraded to KNS pins and haven't had an issue since. I cannot imagine it had anything to do with anything being WORN on my gun, again, I had less than 1000 rounds through it when it happened to me, but the pin came out none-the-less.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    I noticed my pins were starting to back out after a trip to the range with my .458 SOCOM. I put them in all three of my ARs.... Just one less thing to go wrong. Besides... They are relatively cheap.

Top Bottom