Koa Slicer, Harpoon GPK and some Skulls!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    So here we are again. This Gamez Patch Knife (G.P.K.) should find it's way into some Boltaron tomorrow and get a cutting edge.
    IMG_8209_large.jpg

The knife that Jason Knight made to demonstrate the forging process during my recent visit that he left me to finish is coming along, but after a slip on the grinder I am kind of bummed I won't turn out as good as it could have. Regardless I am stoked to keep working on it and have learned quite a bit working a knife of a completely different style.
    IMG_8215_large.jpg

The most recent G.P.K. run No. 55 and 56.
    IMG_8224_large.jpg

So the most recent G.P.K. is getting a harpoon or raised clip so to speak. Just trying something new I guess.
    IMG_8233_large.jpg

What work in progress really looks like most of the time. Always working on 2-3 at a time.
    IMG_8235_large.jpg

This Slicer wrapped in some Curly Koa is finished and available.
    Buy Here: Slicer, No. 54
    WIP Thread: Slicer, No. 54 WIP Thread
    IMG_8237_large.jpg

The D-D Work rest for the flat platen is on and running. The Harp-y G.P.K. will be the first on this set up.
    IMG_8241_large.jpg

Them stones keep me going.
    IMG_8242_large.jpg

Well I couldn't keep the forge down for long. I spent a large chunk of the evening just practicing some hammer techniques I saw at the Knight Forge. The goal was to forge a point in one heat with only 25 strikes. After about 8 attempts I managed to keep to one heat, but still about 40 strikes. Much to learn I guess, but it was fun to work at it for a bit.
    IMG_8243_large.jpg

Nothing like running the forge when it is 95 out, makes the shop jump to about 140..
    IMG_8246_large.jpg

A few Skulls might as well come out of it I figured, since I had the forge running.
    IMG_8247_large.jpg

First one close to being done.
    IMG_8248_large.jpg

Done!
    IMG_8249_large.jpg

I managed to make two, but set it up so I can run a few more this week. These are great for learning and practicing quite a few different forging skills. I enjoy making them and it seems the fans like them as I am always out as fast as I make them.
    JG Knives Lil' Skull ? JG Knives & Tools
    IMG_8253_large.jpg

Top Bottom