Howard County
    Kokomo Gun and Knife Show
    July 20th 9 A.M.-5 P.M.
    July 21st 9 A.M.-3 P.M.
    Kokomo Event & Conference Center
    1500 N. Reed Rd. (U.S. 31 North)
    Free parking.
    $5.00 admission.
    Children under 12 admitted free with paid adult.
    Air conditioned

lordjackel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Southern Arkansas
    Don't suppose anyone saw (or remembers seeing) any 308 DPMS Mags? I just built a new rifle and need a couple. Price if you recall?

Thanks...trying to decide if worth the 45 min drive up there.

Polished515

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Muncie
    For those of you who went to this today, how was it? We thought about going but decided to wait and see what Ingo said. We'll go tomorrow if it gets some good reviews. Its about an hour away from us and I always have work I can do around here so the trip needs to be worth it.

whippo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Indianapolis
    The magazine guy was there along with other mags from different vendors. I don't want to be negative but if you want ammo hit up gander mountain they are gouging less and still had 22lr today. I found cci primers at a great price and a couple little small random things I wanted now. I didn't pay a lot of attention to guns but did notice a couple decent prices weapons including xds 9/45. Knives were prob priced well along with backpacks and other gear.

Last edited:

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    The magazine guy was there along with other mags from different vendors. I don't want to be negative but if you want ammo hit up gander mountain they are gauging less and still had 22lr today. I found cci primers at a great price and a couple little small random things I wanted now. I didn't pay a lot of attention to guns but did notice a couple decent prices weapons including xds 9/45. Knives were prob priced well along with backpacks and other gear.

What "gauge" are you referring to? 10 gauge, 12 gauge, 16 gauge, 20 gauge, 28 gauge?

Polished515

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Muncie
    The magazine guy was there along with other mags from different vendors. I don't want to be negative but if you want ammo hit up gander mountain they are gouging less and still had 22lr today. I found cci primers at a great price and a couple little small random things I wanted now. I didn't pay a lot of attention to guns but did notice a couple decent prices weapons including xds 9/45. Knives were prob priced well along with backpacks and other gear.

Good to know thanks! My husband is looking for an XDS 45 so we might actually head that way tomorrow :)

MeltonLaw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Downtown Indy
    Made the sojourn up to the show today. Was not crowded in the least. I like to go to the smaller shows like this as there may be the odd tidbit that you do not find in Indy or at the local shops. Here are my observations:
    1. Ammunition was out of touch with the current day reality;
    2. A lot of interesting older long guns;
    3. Several tables of handguns that were, at least, fairly priced. Was looking to get the GF out of her Ruger SR40c to something a little thinner. Picked up a Ruger Mark II Target Model in SS for $325 out the door, thought that was good deal.
    4. Some projectiles for, what I consider, a good price. I picked up X-treme plated .45 200gr SWC for $50/500 and Indianapolis Star Bullets .357 JHP for $50/500.
    5. Not a ton of gear to hang off of guns;
    6. No obnoxious smells.
    In all, considering the side trip to the LGS and Rural King, dogs love .79c pig ears, it was a good day.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    Not a reasonable priced AR charging g handle in the building unfortunately... (only thing I NEEDED) fortunately I found an armful of stuff I didn't need to put a smile on my face. Including a nice fair priced single shot 12ga! Waiting for prices to stabilize a bit more though. Its worth the cover charge to go in!

MemphisR32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Westfield
    Went with my wife so she could look at some pistols. Prices seemed just on the high side for almost everything. Nothing was really priced to push me over the edge. Picked up some 9mm for and ok price just because I have some range days planned.

Some ammo prices were far out of reality. Like when one table has 50 rounds of 9mm for $30 and the table next to you is $18.

Top Bottom