• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    The best part of the Kokomo gun show is that it has free parking and the admission price is half of the Indy1500 price. Now as for content...
    :whistle:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I like going to the smaller shows. Less people to deal with and some times you can find a real bargain.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    The Garands were a Springfield, looked nice but the barrel swallowed my gauge. The Winchester had a good barrel that gauged 1.5 but barrel had no date or SA, HRA, markings on the barrel...finding a Winchester with an original barrel is tough. Even tougher to beat the CMP Garands.....I'm still on the look out for a IHC to finish my collection.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    The Garands were a Springfield, looked nice but the barrel swallowed my gauge. The Winchester had a good barrel that gauged 1.5 but barrel had no date or SA, HRA, markings on the barrel...finding a Winchester with an original barrel is tough. Even tougher to beat the CMP Garands.....I'm still on the look out for a IHC to finish my collection.

Winchester bbls are marked differently. I have 3 Winchesters and one needs a bbl, it is ringed :xmad: I have a replacement Win bbl fpr it but it is dated 67. Have a cople spare SA bbls I think. I just need a few littl parts to complete my H&R and mount and scope for my M1D, prolly never get that gun done...

PS; TSG has another bbl for the SA to make it right.

Hiram2005

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Plains of Hamilton County
    I was there around 10:00, packed parking lot...show was about the same as always, wasn't really looking for anything, just something to do...no offense to anyone but I've never seen so many "older guys" at a gun show...it was like an entire retirement home stopped in..Ha...an they all seemed to be checking out pistols. I did see a mini 14 an mini 30? in 7.62X39, they were new an priced at 650.00.....thought that was a good price considering I saw a used mini-14 for over 800.00.

HA! i was there at 10, I think I'm one of the OLD guys that you saw.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Hiram2005.....Ha!...hey man your the same age as me...49...are we really old..? When I was 20, 50 was old...now its 80...wonder how that works...?

Colt556.....I think you mean you have a replacement barrel for your WRA thats marked 67'......Winchester barrels are marked with WRA an date, month an year...the last year for WRA was 45'.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Wish I could have been there selling my fixed blades , but I heard there are a lot of new knife dealers there some who came in from Illinois. That small of show and you have 7 or 8 knife dealers is not good or at least not for the knife dealers. I hope everyone has a good show.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I saw lot's of nice knives...more than I expected to be honest...a lot more. Only other thing I saw I wanted was a S&W 2 1/2 inch 15-2. Prices are decent but don't expect to do well trading, everyone I talked to (and saw others talking to) seemed more interested in cash than increasing inventory. Be ready for tight aisles and lot's of bumping.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Hiram2005.....Ha!...hey man your the same age as me...49...are we really old..? When I was 20, 50 was old...now its 80...wonder how that works...?

Colt556.....I think you mean you have a replacement barrel for your WRA thats marked 67'......Winchester barrels are marked with WRA an date, month an year...the last year for WRA was 45'.

It is a Winchester bbl that was made during the Viet Nam war. It has Winchester in their script and the month/year on it. I can get a pic later. WWII Winchester bbls are marked WRA under the hand guard and a smaller proof on the side. I need to look at them again, I can't remember the exact markings anymore.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Colt556....thats interesting info. I was always under the impression the WWII WRA barrels were like the SA's ....also interesting that WRA made barrels for them in the 60's considering the M14 an then the M16 were in heavy use. Thanks for the extra knowledge!

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Colt556....thats interesting info. I was always under the impression the WWII WRA barrels were like the SA's ....also interesting that WRA made barrels for them in the 60's considering the M14 an then the M16 were in heavy use. Thanks for the extra knowledge!

We gave a crap load of M1s and Carbines to ARVN and Korea. The Navy wanted to keep their Garands but had them bbl in 7.62x51. I'll get some pics of my bbls sometime this week. I'm no expert by any means so this is just what I've seen/heard.

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    I am glad those "old" guys showed up they were the only ones buying!!
    Must have been another table with Garands, I don't recall anyone asking me if they could gauge the barrels on ours.
    Springfield has a new home but the Winny is still adorning the shop. Ive grown rather partial to that Winchester, if it hangs out much longer it may end up with one of the black tags on it, :D

Last edited:
    Top Bottom