• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I'm either getting grouchy in my old age, or customer service is going to Hell. I went to Kroger this morning to pick up some items that I needed. I found three of the four things I was looking for, but I had to ask where the shaving cream was. The first guy stocking paper towels said he didn't know and he made no attempt to try and find them. I walked away and asked a lady by the self check outs if she worked there. She couldn't.get the words, "Yes, but I'm off the clock." out fast enough. I was pissed after that. What are these stores teaching their employees?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm either getting grouchy in my old age, or customer service is going to Hell. I went to Kroger this morning to pick up some items that I needed. I found three of the four things I was looking for, but I had to ask where the shaving cream was. The first guy stocking paper towels said he didn't know and he made no attempt to try and find them. I walked away and asked a lady by the self check outs if she worked there. She couldn't.get the words, "Yes, bu I'm off the clock." fast enough. I was pissed after that. What are these stores teaching their employees?

Wife and I see this all the time. Had a cashier get a bit freaked when we rolled into her lane with 2 carts full of goods. Said she was not wanting to work that hard.
    After I paid a made the suggestion she quit and find an easier job.

Edit....Yes on both counts. CS has gone to hell and we are getting old. Square pegs in a round peg world.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    My brother has been a manager for that company for many years. If the store's name is Kroger's then it is union and it is almost impossible to get them fired. If it is named Pay Less they are not union and can lose their jobs. He has been a manager for both many times over and he says the difference is really something.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My brother has been a manager for that company for many years. If the store's name is Kroger's then it is union and it is almost impossible to get them fired. If it is named Pay Less they are not union and can lose their jobs. He has been a manager for both many times over and he says the difference is really something.

Maybe you can not fire them but there are ways to push them towards the door.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Maybe you can not fire them but there are ways to push them towards the door.
    I wouldn't suggest pushing them towards the door. Instead, I'd have them sit through CS Remediation (4-8 hr course, if you ask me), first time on the company, afterwards on their time after so many complaints. The more complaints, the more they have to go to this class. If they don't go to the class, it is a disciplinary action.BACKGROUND - I am in a Union and was raised on Union (Blue Collar) money. I firmly believe there is a balance between employee rights / contractual rights and employer's right to manage.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I wouldn't suggest pushing them towards the door. Instead, I'd have them sit through CS Remediation (4-8 hr course, if you ask me), first time on the company, afterwards on their time after so many complaints. The more complaints, the more they have to go to this class. If they don't go to the class, it is a disciplinary action.BACKGROUND - I am in a Union and was raised on Union (Blue Collar) money. I firmly believe there is a balance between employee rights / contractual rights and employer's right to manage.

I grew up in a UAW family. I mean the entire family on my dads side. I worked HVAC out of the local 440 for 25 years so I have seen all sides to unions.
    I like the way you think.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Why would they fire anyone or even punish them for that matter? We keep coming back no matter how we are treated. How many times have you been to a Kroger during normal business hours where you didn't have to take at least a couple laps around the lot to find a reasonably close parking slot?

Kroger is the McDonalds of grocery stores.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Although your specific experience was with Kroger I think it's a little unfair to single them out. **** Poor customer service is just a symptom of our society on the whole breaking down and becoming less civil every day. As we have moved farther away from a civilization that accepts personal responsibility and move more towards a society of "victims" this mentality permeates civilization at every level. If we keep it up just think how bad it will be in another 50 years. Total meltdown?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Why would they fire anyone or even punish them for that matter? We keep coming back no matter how we are treated. How many times have you been to a Kroger during normal business hours where you didn't have to take at least a couple laps around the lot to find a reasonably close parking slot?

True. We do a lot of bulk buying at Sams. Cuts way down on the silly crap.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Although your specific experience was with Kroger I think it's a little unfair to single them out. **** Poor customer service is just a symptom of our society on the whole breaking down and becoming less civil every day. As we have moved farther away from a civilization that accepts personal responsibility and move more towards a society of "victims" this mentality permeates civilization at every level. If we keep it up just think how bad it will be in another 50 years. Total meltdown?

+10.......Nazi's won't let me rep you.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I'm either getting grouchy in my old age, or customer service is going to Hell. I went to Kroger this morning to pick up some items that I needed. I found three of the four things I was looking for, but I had to ask where the shaving cream was. The first guy stocking paper towels said he didn't know and he made no attempt to try and find them. I walked away and asked a lady by the self check outs if she worked there. She couldn't.get the words, "Yes, but I'm off the clock." out fast enough. I was pissed after that. What are these stores teaching their employees?

It could have been worse.

She could have licked your pliers.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/363847-cashier-lowes-hates-me.html

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

Exactly.

AND... There's a drawer in the NOW that the handle keeps falling off, near the sink in the doctor area. I borrowed a screwdriver from your colleague and it lasted for a day. Any chance you can stroll through there? I think it needs a longer screw, or some epoxy :):

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    My BIL works at Kroger. He's a lifetime bagger. You'd be lucky to even get him to look up from the bag let alone say hello. Not even a "is a plastic bag okay?" from him.

Jason

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    Must be lucky, the employees, at my Kroger, in Peru, are very helpful, and friendly.

On Saturday, I had to run into town to get some supplies for making beef stock from beef bones. I grabbed 5 items, they had two lanes open, I would have been 2nd in each lane, which is no big deal, but a guy ran over, and opened another lane just for me, he said no since in waiting, I paid, and was out in a snap.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    The last couple of times I went to my local Kroger I never even saw an employee. I went in, picked up my junk, went to the U-Scan, paid, and left without seeing another human being.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood

The Kroger in Speedway, you need to bring your own cart in to the store as well. The parking lot is always full of carts. Last year, I waked into the Kroger and walked up to the customer service counter. I told the gentlman behind the counter that someone had stolen their cart corrals. He got a concerned look on his face and asked me what I meant. I said "they must have been stolen, there are carts scattered all over the ****ing parking lot!"

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    Did the guy stocking the paper towels work for them, some stores are making the driver put the stuff on the shelf.

How offense do you like doing your job and not getting paid?

I do not work for Kroger or shop at them, unless I have to.

Top Bottom