• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Well, I don't know if the dog pile is warranted; nothing is 100 percent burglar-proof, but the more I hear, the more I start thinking that there's a problem.

Hope they catch them.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    4pXXEzI.jpg

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Based on the lack of inventory these “break ins” are probably part of his business model. I can’t imagine that his insurance won’t drop him. With that small of an inventory there is no reason not to lock them up at the end of the day. Oh other than his business model. Lol

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    KS&E building as bad of a rep as Don's... I haven't heard much about Don;s lately but KS&E can't stay out of the news.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    KS&E building as bad of a rep as Don's... I haven't heard much about Don;s lately but KS&E can't stay out of the news.

KS&E was the subject of an Indiana Supreme Court case after they sold to a straw purchaser, and an IMPD officer was severely injured with the weapon:

"Later that same day, Blackburn returned to KS&E and bought the Smith & Wesson Martin had identified. As the buyer of record, Blackburn completed the required paperwork and paid $325 for the gun. Just outside the store in KS&E's parking lot, Blackburn transferred the gun to Martin for $375.

Two months later, in December 2011, Martin used that same handgun to shoot Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department officer Dwayne Runnels during a traffic stop.

KS&E SPORTS v. Runnels, 72 NE 3d 892 - Ind: Supreme Court 2017

Not how I'd want to be in the news.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    If the smoke doesn't gag you, stumbling and bumbling over the piles of gun boxes and cartons of ammo in the dark while wearing your hazmat suit could be tricky.
    "Laural and Hardy" run a Gun Store is the comedy being played there everyday.
    I have not been there in years, I used to drop the "Dragon Lady" off at the Korean Grocery up the street and stop and say "Hi" to Ed and Darrell, but its not worth it anymore.

Last edited:

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Just happened to be on Fox59's website yesterday and saw a follow up story on this. They had a few surveillance camera shots of one individual and a running away pic of the other suspect. The story also stated that the business owner next door (non connected building) was walking his dog and the dog went over and stuck his head into a hole in the wall of KS&E and that is how it was discovered.
    The surveillance pics had time stamps at just a few minutes before 2am. Last time I was there (years ago) they had some kind of metal bars on the window and front door gate. I noticed in the pics they have some kind of block flower bed type structure in front of the building and some metal poles in front of that. Not sure of any other security measures, but I would think a simple alarm system with motion sensors and possibly glass break sensors would be reasonable measures to go with video surveillance cameras. It all costs money and those costs get passed on to customers. But a simple alarm system for a small shop like theirs wouldn't cost very much at all. Regardless of how well liked or disliked a LGS is, I hate to see them being victimized like this. Sure the two guys may be...quirky or just an odd pair but I think they're just trying to make a few bucks running an honest business.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    All this talk of “reasonable” this or that reminds me of something?

Remind you of ourselves taking reasonable action to protect ourselves and not rely upon the gov't to do it?
    That's what I see. Recommendations how a business can take a stand and limit the possibility of being a victim of criminal attack.

Top Bottom