• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Couldn't they just put a roadblock up to catch the perps when they take the guns into Chicago since apparently that's where all guns stolen in Indiana end up ! (Purple)

...or at least rig the red dye pack to blow 10 seconds after leaving the store...

Fawkes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    I don't know how those guys keep going with all the legal hassles and numerous robberies. I think they need to control the door like alot of jewelry stores do, IDing all before entry. Ed always has had his 1911 cocked and locked when I've been there. Last time I was there they barely had any inventory.

scoutsniper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 93.5%
    29   2   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Connersville
    They have a no loaded firearms in the store policy and I shaky open carry so I would leave it in my truck when I went in. Note to self CC for now on when I go there and always watch the entrance.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    I can't get the video to play online. Are the gunmen wearing masks and gloves and all black jackets? Bout how many of them total?

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    I was at Indy Arms yesterday buying a rifle sometime after noon when 5 or so guys all came in wearing black jackets. Got a weird feeling, so I was listening to the cashier and them at the same time. I kept noticing how one guy seemed to be the main guy asking all the questions while the others were just there.

One of them murmured something that caught my attention for some reason and as I looked over, the main guy was looking at me and said something like "oh, that guy". Kinda like I was being pointed out as being armed or potentially armed. I dunno. When I get feelings like that, I move into positions that would help the store employees out usually.

Last edited:

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I think we all have known for a while that this would/could happen there, place was cased, quick strike, and gone North on 465 pronto. Sad to hear as I too have shopped there many times because of his low ammo prices. Glad they are OK, but your right, you cannot be safe anywhere nowadays. Not worth getting killed getting some range ammo.

Markus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I was at Indy Arms yesterday buying a rifle sometime after noon when 5 or so guys all came in wearing black jackets. Got a weird feeling, so I was listening to the cashier and them at the same time. I kept noticing how one guy seemed to be the main guy asking all the questions while the others were just there.

One of them murmured something that caught my attention for some reason and as I looked over, the main guy was looking at me and said something like "oh, that guy". Kinda like I was being pointed out as being armed or potentially armed. I dunno. When I get feelings like that, I move into positions that would help the store employees out usually.

Indy Arms would be a very BAD place to rob. There are some pretty darn good shooters working there! Granted, they are not in the best area but you would have to have a death wish to hold the place up.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    The lay out of that store is bad for defending a robbery. As a customer you are basically stuck in 3.5' hallway.

I would like to see the whole video of the robbery to see how they entered the store. Was their masks and guns up as they came in? The short clip I seen they had some serious muscle mass, armour or both.

mikeruth

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Indianapolis
    One of our TV stations (Fox I think reported a customer walked in during the heist). I you look at the video you see him come in and next part he is on the floor. Scary video. I have been in there many times.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Indy Arms would be a very BAD place to rob. There are some pretty darn good shooters working there! Granted, they are not in the best area but you would have to have a death wish to hold the place up.
    If you don't get the chance to draw your weapon, how well you shoot it is irrelevant.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If you don't get the chance to draw your weapon, how well you shoot it is irrelevant.

THIS.

I think BBI said in class you have 6/10 of a second to get off a shot from the holster if you dont want shot. Thats how long it takes someone to react and pull the trigger of their already drawn and pointed weapon. I know I cant make that initial furtive movement, draw, aim, and fire before thug with a gun pointed at me can shoot.

Its just "stuff". Not worth getting shot over. Thugs didnt give them a chance to sneak in a shot, so they couldnt fight back. I dont fault them one bit.

Top Bottom