• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Erebus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Indy
    The only blacks I saw there (for the hr or so i was there) were the 4 guys leaving, and when I came in the owner was talking about how stupid they were. The rest were older white men and a few of those had their lady with them. Oh yeah, and there was some woman there that just moved from California asking about obtaining a permit.....

They really need a bigger place though, it's way too tight in there.

seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I have seen Ed and Darrell turn people down before, they are not fond of the "wannabes" they can't keep them totally out of the store cause of the location.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Indy
    When someone stands right in front of me and flat out says something to his buddies about shooting someone, I'm not going to sell him a gun.

And, I think I should have stated my original comment a little better. I was very tired at the time. What I meant to say was after that experience I didn't believe I would shop at KS and E anymore. What I said was I wasn't too sure about KS and E in general. I meant I I'd give serious thought to shopping there anymore. It's a free country, anyone else who wants to shop there, doesn't matter to me. I just don't think I will anymore.

stillwaters

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    I'll admit, when it comes to being a 'buyer friendly' store, its down at the bottom of the list. I certainly wouldn't want to deal with the elements that they do. On the plus side, with patience, I've found Darryl knowledgeable about all kinds of stuff (e.g. the pluses & minuses of FN49's). And their prices are more than reasonable & worth the drive. If you're into .45's, you need to check out their Dan Wesson line. Gander Mountain had the same piece for a couple hundred bucks more. But then, perhaps, you'll find the apprearance & the help at G.M. more politically correct. Your right: It is a free country.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Indy
    I want to make something very clear right now. I was not making a statement about blacks, I was making a statement about gangbangers. There is a difference. I've seen plenty of white guys roaming around in groups that look just as much like bangers as their counterparts.

Last edited:

seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I don't think anyone accused you of anything RJ. I have known Ed and Darrell for years and have found them to be pretty nice guys. They are subject to mood swings about as extreme as a menopausal woman @ times, (I apologize in advance ladies), but they are decent guys. I wasn't there to witness what you did but I am being truthful stating that I've seen them turn down a number of people. They didn't get as far as a nics check with them either.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Indy
    Someone else made the comment about seeing 4 black guys leave, etc, so I just wanted to clarify I don't automatically assume such things. Now that I've thought about it awhile, I'll probably still shop there. Ed and Darrell are nice guys and their prices just can't be topped.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    I stopped in there today for the first time...Darrell and Ed are definitely a couple of characters. I was asking about a Beretta U22 Neos that I'm thinking about ordering in the next couple of weeks just as fun plinking target pistol.

Ed went off about how he only places orders between 11 and 3 Mon-Fri. All the while chain smoking lol

Darrell was pretty friendly, talked at some length about the Russian rifles they had there, some shotguns and various other handguns.

All in all they do have pretty respectable prices, I'll probably order my plinker Baretta through them and pick up some shells for the shotgun. :thumbsup:

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Just read through this thread, and yeah...... I agree with most of the comments. They've always treated me well and they have great prices. If you can overlook D&E's "quirkiness" and the ever present smoke, you'll be happy you did business with them. I even had an experience with having them order a gun that was not in stock and STILL the price was great! Best of all...... I live about 5 mins. away. :thumbsup:

:cheers:

HiRoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Indianapolis East
    I stopped in today for the first time today, nice fella's, Good prices. Looking for an AK, they had one Yugo-Z underfolder, nice looking Century 499.00 Said they have been selling like hot cakes. Didn't know when anymore were coming in. I would do business here.

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I stopped in today for the first time today, nice fella's, Good prices. Looking for an AK, they had one Yugo-Z underfolder, nice looking Century 499.00 Said they have been selling like hot cakes. Didn't know when anymore were coming in. I would do business here.

I would buy it if you can. There are no more Yugo kits to make more guns out of so once the current batch is gone, that is it.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    I was asking about a Beretta U22 Neos that I'm thinking about ordering in the next couple of weeks just as fun plinking target pistol.

You might want to do a little research before you lay out your greenbacks for the U22. I considered it for a long time ,,,, cute little gun ,,, reasonable price ,,,,, but 90% of the comments I could find on it were NEG ,,,, ended up buying a Ruger MK III Hunter ,,,, and have never been happier.

wolfman

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    You might want to do a little research before you lay out your greenbacks for the U22. I considered it for a long time ,,,, cute little gun ,,, reasonable price ,,,,, but 90% of the comments I could find on it were NEG ,,,, ended up buying a Ruger MK III Hunter ,,,, and have never been happier.

wolfman

Thanks for the info Wolfman... That Ruger is a nice looking pistol and has some good reviews. :thumbsup:

Mr. Mysterious

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN

I picked one up from there on Thursday. It was cheaper than anywhere else in town.

fultz1275

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    My verdict is still out on them. I've gone in there to get ammo, but for some reason the old man is the only one who can touch the personal defense ammo. The old man was on the phone, so I asked the bigger guy to see some critical defense and he said I would have to wait until the owner got off the phone because only he could get it for me. Meanwhile the bigger guy just sat there on his stool and knowone else was in the shop. What's up with that. Is the owner a complete control freak or what. More often than not he seems pissed when you're in there. I'm getting real tired of all these shops acting like we the customer are inconviencing them. If you don't want to deal with the public then close your damn shop. That goes for all the shops that seem to have a chip on their shoulder. They should be gratful that they are busy and not sucking hind tit like the rest of the economy. I'm tired of going into a shop where in intend to spend hundreds of dollars and getting worse sevice then a fast food drive thru.

Top Bottom