• ...and so much more!
  • Andyccw

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    NW INDY
    I have no experience with KS&E, but I can tell you from a dealer's perspective that if I did this for everyone who asked, I'd never get anything else done...
    Ahh, but I love that Bradis will do that for you if you ask!
    The ladies called me earlier this week about a gun I asked about 3-4 months ago... Just came in, and I'm picking it up on Friday:rockwoot:

To the O/P: I have had the same experience at several shops, I chalk it up to the fact that everyone has bad days, and you don't know what they have had to deal with before you came in... I'd try and give them a chance to prove themselves.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The ladies called me earlier this week about a gun I asked about 3-4 months ago... Just came in, and I'm picking it up on Friday:rockwoot:

What was it? PM me to avoid dragging this thread further off topic.

We generally don't take names/numbers from random people looking for XYZ used gun, but we do keep waiting lists for new guns that are hard to get, and of course we back-order stuff for people all the time.

JUMBO

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Indianapolis
    KS&E does have very decent pricing and i have been there like 4 times. 2 good and 2 so so experiences. I had no idea about the ammo situation. I have never ran into that scenario at any gunshop i have ever been to.....but then again i order alot of ammo from a Broker in jersey and the best part is if i buy a $100 min no shipping fees. sometimes he has the best prices period, and other times at the minimum if i buy from him I can get what i need when i need it.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    KS&E is a pop and pop shop. I wonder just how much income those guys make, and if they aren't like trust fund kids or whatever. The one guy drives a Mercedes, pretty decent model even if he buys used. So either they aren't married, don't have girlfriends (the heavy guy said he did one time), don't have kids, etc. or they do enough business to not care about what folks thinks.

All I know is that here on the east side, they were the shop to go to when those little .380 Kel-Tecs were the thing (unless you waited till the 1500, then some guy was selling them cheaper). They had some great deals/coupons in the East Side Herald paper, but that was a couple years ago, not sure of their prices now. They always had AKs in stock, as long as the importers were able to get them in. When that boat load of Yugo SKS rifles came in, their prices were very reasonable. Same when the CZ-52s were in big. I once was in there and was thinking about getting my first revolver. He had a mint condition, but used Taurus 66 stainless .357. This revolver is really decent, and the price was great.

TheLoneRaider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Phoenix
    I have been there 3 times. Did a trade with them sold 2 guns and got cash a new gun and ammo. The other 2 times just for ammo purchase. The Trade deal with Daryl went well only got $50 less than i wanted. Both ammo purchases went well 6 boxes of sellior & bellot 9mm brass 13 a box each time. I Like the place and the guys have been good to me.

JUMBO

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Indianapolis
    on one of the occasions when i was there, i had a couple of rifles i wanted to trade in plus cash for a springer but they were not interested in at that time (which was a marlin bolt action ss 22mag and a marlin camp9 series, both never fired with sticker still intact) so i went down to beech grove and they gladly took my trade plus fifty bucks for a nib springer . Ed stated that "no one up here wants those rifles...they all want pistols and i aint gonna take something in that will take up space for months!" in a nasty tone. He could have just said "sorry we are not interested", or something like that and i would have been fine with that. I'm really on the fence about going back but they are like 5min from my house. so i dont know, i'll prolly pop in there from time to time and if they gots something i want at the right price then i will get it and get out da door.

Last edited:

dustjunky2000

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Greenfield
    Iwork just down the road from this place in Lawrence. About a year ago I was on my lunch break and happened to notice it on the way back. I went in there the next day and was having a look at what they had and talking with them. I ended up walking out with a MN 91/30 with all matching parts, a tight fitting bayonet, and 30 rds for $125. Decent guys in there, but not real personable. I feel like I got a good deal. The bore was bright and the action smooth. My best buy yet. Now I've got a BAD case of milsurp-itis. Now I'm browsing Mausers and am constantly alert for a good deal on an M1. Can't wait for the 1500. I got the itch.

Chondro788

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    SE Indianapolis
    I stop by KS&E about twice a month. A guy I work has bought 20+ guns, so they always treat us very well. Maybe they wouldn't if I wasn't with him?? :dunno: I have ended up buying a couple of guns and some ammo over the last couple of years, and have always been given great prices. The one complaint I have is selection. They seem to stock the same items all the time. I asked about a Taurus 709 about 2 months ago and was old they would not carry them becuase the price point is too high for that gun. Went in last week and they had one in the case?!? Oh well, I had already bought mine from Bradis!! :D So all in all I like this place, just wish they stocked a better selection.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I've been in three times in the last couple of months. Once I bought a firearm, the next time for the best price in town on a particular kind of ammo. Service was rapid/fast/good. The personalities of the two old guys on the muppet show but hey, I'm getting more crusty every year too. :)

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I think there the leading seller of Hi-Point firearms in the state. Never seen so many in one place in all my life. But cant knock them they do have darn good prices but can be shady with the ammo.

JUMBO

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Indianapolis
    stopped in last week to peruse. asked about a lvl2 retention holster, said he didnt have one then got to gibbering a little bit and the bigger guy pulled one out from a drawer said it was one they ordered for someone, he offered it to me so i bought it. inquired about some ammo, he basically did the same thing again so i stood there for a minute and the smoker mumbled something and pulled out a box of S&B ammo and said 1 box limit. price was ok @ 20 for 50count 45 acp the holster was 22 and the mag holster he let me have for 15. i didnt do to bad there that day.

TempusFugit

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    I've bought several firearms from Ed and Darryl over the years. Yes, they are and "old school" type shop and , yes, Darryl talks too much and Ed is most likey bi-polar. However I have found some of the best deals there. I'm a CZ fan and I have bought some there for prices lower than I can find online. I have been there and the cases and racks are nearly empty, and at times overflowing. I kinda enjoy the the uncertainty when I go there. You never know what you're gonna find..in the cases and behind the desk!

JBLee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Northside Indy Suburbs
    I don't go there for the atmosphere..I go there for the best damn prices on CZ product in the city...or the INTERNET for that matter. I kinda like the guys anyway..I wouldn't want their everyday clientèle though..they get a rough crowd sometimes. But if you are looking for a CZ rifle it's the only place you need to shop. Jim

vwfred69

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    noblesville
    one of their common responses is the ammo they have left is for guns on lay away. they are at times entertaining to watch when the place is busy.

Top Bottom