• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Is this a good deal? I was just wondering because it seems really cheap. I have heard mixed reviews on the handgun itself. Also does it accept other 1911 parts and accessories?

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    KS&E is a small shop on Pendelton Pike. I'm not even sure they have a website.

I've bought two CZ's from them at pretty good prices - as far as retail goes. Maybe they were very good prices for brand new pistols.

Anyways, one guy is kind of moody and the other is friendly enough. The inventory goes from fairly well stocked to scarce at times.

Everyone should try to stop in for themselves, but it doesn't call for a special trip over there.

Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I am pretty sure it is New. I didn't mean to be so vague in my OP. Thanks for explaining. Yeah their inventory is scarce now but they have a used Kel-Tec P11 for $159.95 and new ones for $219.95, and they had that RIA 1911 for 399.95. They also had an AK-74 not sure of the brand but it was $389.95 I believe. The big guy is very moody like it was stated above, but the skinny older guy is generally pretty helpful. I have purchased a few guns from them and when I need a holster or Hogue slip on grip or magazine or anything like that I go there because they have pretty decent prices.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Bought my last CZ rifle there. They have good prices but very limited inventory. The shop is super small, basically one aisle! Their prices are good and he normally has several CZ rifles in the rack.

canamscott

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    LaGrange County
    That is a good price. I actually paid less. Last March I got a RIA 1911 for $389 from ZX in Goshen. I broke it in yesterday and am pleased with it. I got the basic GI model but changed the grips to resemble WWII issue from Auto Ordnance.

Scott

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    I have some RIA 1911s. My most recent is a M1911A1 mil spec right down to the parkarized finish.

I've been happy with them and have found they accept the parts you would expect a military 1911 to accept including grips and clips.

The price you mentioned is a good deal.

TREETOP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Carmel/Westfield
    There was a vendor at the Armory show with basic RIA handguns for $399 and the ones with nicer sights and beavertails for $425. They were the same vendor that had the only Mini Draco there. I'd bet they'll be at the 1500 this weekend.

seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    They are both ok guys. I think Daryl the big guy has some chronic pain going on a lot and that's why he is grumpy at times, plus Ed sends all the people with "silly" questions his way!

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Both guys are fine. (IMHO)
    Yes it's a great deal. There prices are very hard to beat at any other local shops. They only one I know of in town that comes close is BG.
    I've bought a few guns from them and have never had any problems.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Not alot of guns on hand (maybe 30 total) but some real good prices.I saw the used P-11 for $159 and almost bought it Saturday. Ed told me when I left,if I changed my mind just call and he would hold it for me. I asked about the PF-9 and they should be in this week (if not already) and the price would be around $239. Plenty of ammo on hand at reasonable prices also.

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The guys at K,S&E are alright. If it's the GI you can find them on line for about $390, all day. But then you've got shipping and paying a fee to the dealer here, so it's a good price. With the Tactical you get adjustible sights and the skeleton hammer, and the going price seems to be $425ish.

What other folks mentioned about having few guns is right. A couple times when I've stopped by to pick up ammo, there were so few in the case I was tempted to ask them why they were even open.

Top Bottom