• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ParaManAR15

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    Just wanted tell you all about my experience with Columbia River Knife & Tool.

I've had my CRKT M16-14LE for over 5 years, no issue what-so-ever and all around great knife in my opinion. One of the screws holding the belt clip must of backed out and got lost, which made the other 2 come loose and wouldn't ever stay tight. I went to the CRKT website to look for a 800 number to call about getting some new screws...low and behold they have an online form to fill out for free replacement parts. Put all my information in the form, selected what parts I needed, and 3 weeks later I received my screws, new clip, and even sent a little star screw allen wrench. The 3 weeks it took for me to get it I didn't mind since I was out in Washington for 2 1/2 weeks for work.

I went in thinking that I'd have to fork over a few bucks for the parts and shipping due to my knife being over 5 years old and out of warranty, which I didn't mind doing but no charge. The whole process was so simple and easy, with no cost coming out of my pocket. Just wanted to give a shout out to these guys for some great customer service and a great product, in which I didn't have to speak to anyone.

20130121_142937_zps415beccb.jpg

OneEye

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Nashville, IN
    Ive always been a fan of CRKT and their customer service has always been good. I love the M-16 bye the way, Ive had several but they have all been lost in deep water so I dont carry my replacement anymore because Im scared to lose it.

PointFiveO

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2011
    St. Joseph County
    You know, I was a big fan of CRKT as a teenager. I loved my first CRKT, but all I really did was flip it open when I was bored and open boxes with it. After I started EDCing my CRKT and actually using it I became very disenchanted with their company (I have owned 3 thus far).

I can't complain about the blade play. I've never paid over $75 for a CRKT so the level of craftsmanship matches the price for sure. But I, like you, have had problems with the screws on the pocket clip....

On all three of my CRKTs. They are lok-tited on, yet they wiggle out so often... Then when one comes out and you tweak the clip a little one of the others will break because they are so small (and now I get to have fun getting a tiny broken screw out of the threads). I'd rather have one beefy screw that will stay in than three that just wiggle out and break. I ordered replacements online, got 3 screws and all three were for different knives. I also ordered other parts, all of which were for different models. I called them, reported it and requested a repeat delivery. She was very nice on the phone, but then I never got new parts. I am sure that if I tried hard enough I'd get the right parts, but then I'd just have to go through the same thing again in a year. Not to mention if you lose their tool you have to hunt down a Torx that is small enough for the darn things. They also bend out after awhile and lose their stiffness.

I still like CRKT. Their knives give a satisfying CLICK when you open them, and I like the safety they came up with. They come very sharp and stay pretty sharp. They are cosmetically attractive, fit my hand well, and in most other aspects are great knives... But I will never EDC one again when I can spend the same amount and get a knife that I never have to do maintenance on except for the occasional strip down/oiling (which I do on all of my folders, mainly because I love taking them apart).

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    I like my CRKT, and I EDC it. Now that you guys mention it, my little clip screws come loose too. Maybe that is something they should improve upon.

I do like the safety and the size of my knife. It holds an edge reasonably well and hasn't failed me yet.

Top Bottom