• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    I have trouble with what some people call "a fair price". I went to a local gun auction sunday and watched people pay new prices for used guns. EG...a Maverick 88 went for $225. I've seen the same gun on the rack at Bradis for $219. XM193 ammo going for more than I can get it DELIVERED to my house via mail order. GEEZ! What is it with people thinking that just because they paid X amount for something that they should be able to still get X or more for it when they sell it USED?
    I can understand if something is/was a special issue or discontinued item that has a particular quality about it that makes it highly desirable, but unless it's UNFIRED and NIB.....it's still a used item and you aren't getting new prices for it from me.

donnie1581

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Elwood, IN
    I have trouble with what some people call "a fair price". I went to a local gun auction sunday and watched people pay new prices for used guns. EG...a Maverick 88 went for $225. I've seen the same gun on the rack at Bradis for $219. XM193 ammo going for more than I can get it DELIVERED to my house via mail order. GEEZ! What is it with people thinking that just because they paid X amount for something that they should be able to still get X or more for it when they sell it USED?
    I can understand if something is/was a special issue or discontinued item that has a particular quality about it that makes it highly desirable, but unless it's UNFIRED and NIB.....it's still a used item and you aren't getting new prices for it from me.

I think most people believe guns are made of gold and the price of gold just keeps going up. Just sayin

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    I honestly think that most of us here on INGO at least browse Armslist. I personally have made a purchase or 2 using Armslist, but the bulk of my business has been with the good folks here on INGO. I admire the OP for not trying to circumvent the rules and actually find another avenue to sell his gun.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I'm with you, 686.. not that I'm afraid of doing business with other folks, but the bulk of my firearms interactions have been with INGO folks..

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

I'm thinking you went to Freije & Frieje in Clayton Sunday. My best friend went there against my advice and I stayed at home watching it on Proxbid laughing my rear off while also watching the Colts game.

I seen several of the FNP's sell for about 75.00 above retail. He was there the entire show and I called him up about lot 550 and told him to get me one of the Plano rifle cases for no more than 30.00, was has lucky enough to get me and him one, 30.00 and 25.00 so he split it and made it 27.50 for both of us.

I also seen 100 round bulk boxes of WWB sold for 5.00 more than Wally world.

To me, most people who go to auctions get caught up in the moment and throw that paddle up because of the rush of it.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I have nothing usefull to add, just running my post count up LOL

Quoting this because this worthless one line will be gone.:D
    (and 9 hours later, to-da-loo to the post)

:welcome:to INGO, how about trying to post something of quality, there are people on here who will not sell to "fify" posters or people who rush out and get a site supporter pin, they want to see something to gauge what kind of person you are before selling to you.

Just my :twocents:'s worth, take or leave it, but I have been around for 3.5 years and watched it happen.

Last edited:

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Meh... I'm 2:1 with Armslist. I bought a GREAT Ishapore 2A1 .308 from a fellow on Armslist a few months ago, and an awesome 228 a year ago. Today I got hosed by a kid with a euro-accent who posted a WTB then, after wasting my time meeting:

a) It wasn't the model he wanted though he knew that before we met. I sent pics and description.

b) He thought he could buy one cheaper because "he saw one on Craigslist."

He wanted me to bring ammo to see how it cycled... hmmmm... R-i-g-h-t. I had ammo but he wasn't going to touch the gun with any ammo in it.

Total waste of time and air.

Last edited:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana

You haven't been to truly amusing auctions then. I saw a Hi Point, used but with box, go for close to $300 (maybe up to around $325) and a Sigma .40 for over $400. It was really odd because some early 1920s double barrel 12 gauges that were in pretty good condition were going for slightly under their normal going rate. 10/22s for over $350, no scope/not aftermarket parts anywhere. It is amazing how stupid people get at auctions.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    [quote=Hogwylde;2472402]I have trouble with what some people call "a fair price". I went to a local gun auction sunday and watched people pay new prices for used guns. EG...a Maverick 88 went for $225. I've seen the same gun on the rack at Bradis for $219. XM193 ammo going for more than I can get it DELIVERED to my house via mail order. GEEZ! What is it with people thinking that just because they paid X amount for something that they should be able to still get X or more for it when they sell it USED?
    I can understand if something is/was a special issue or discontinued item that has a particular quality about it that makes it highly desirable, but unless it's UNFIRED and NIB.....it's still a used item and you aren't getting new prices for it from me.[/quote]

It's called the free-market system.

Something is "worth" exactly what you can get for it at any given moment.
    If someone is willing to pay a thousand dollars for a Bryco/Jennings, then it's worth a thousand dollars.

On the other hand, if you can't find anyone to give you more than a nickle for your Colt 1911, then it's only "worth" a nickle.

One mans trash is another mans treasure.

I have been paid to haul items away that I turn around and sell to someone else.

"Worth" is a subjective term.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Meh... I'm 2:1 with Armslist. I bought a GREAT Ishapore 2A1 .308 from a fellow on Armslist a few months ago, and an awesome 228 a year ago. Today I got hosed by a kid with a euro-accent who posted a WTB then, after wasting my time meeting:

a) It wasn't the model he wanted though he knew that before we met. I sent pics and description.

b) He thought he could buy one cheaper because "he saw one on Craigslist."

He wanted me to bring ammo to see how it cycled... hmmmm... R-i-g-h-t. I had ammo but he wasn't going to touch the gun with any ammo in it.

Total waste of time and air.

Depending on the euro-accent, we see quite a few up here at flea markets that seem to think their stuff is made of gold...then again, they'll sell to absolutely anyone so people that can't legally own may just be willing to pay more than the going rate.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Twenties, driving a red Acura, member on here (I discovered later) but has never posted - just joined 10/21/11.

I'll keep an eye on him if he ever posts and starts a run to fifty to buy/sell.

trapperDave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Morristown, IN
    superhero2.gif

just droppin in to build my count :) got my eyes on a treestand in the classifieds

Top Bottom