• ...and so much more!
  • BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    Thank you RO's and Match Directors. ROing and being a Match Director is a very hard and strenuous job. These are the guys and gals that make or sport happen and keep it going with their attention to our saftey and details. The RO's and Match Directors are volunteers like all of the people that put on the matches. When you get a chance, say thanks to all of these people because that is their only pay, better yet assist them if you can.:patriot:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Scorekeeping never ever gets you any love.

Saw a couple folks wrestling with what looked like an entire squad of extremely green shooters this year. They seemed like they sucked it up and made it through the match with everyone going home safe and having as much fun as the circumstances would allow. So, agreed, sometimes RO's and above ought to get medals!!

Snizz1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    ^^^ yep.

I just started helping with ACC this year and there is a lot more work then I ever expected. Daniel does a ton of work leading up to the match with stage design and planning. Then of course there's set up/tear down which takes a lot of time and effort. I'm definitely more appreciative of the club crews since I've now seen/helped with putting matches on. Kinda makes you think twice about *****ing about stages.

Rob and the other score keepers have a pretty thankless job too. They've led the way with the kindle scoring and half the time I see Rob he's walking around helping someone figure something out or synching a kindle. It can't be easy to do that and focus on your own match too.

For the guys that have thought about getting more active at your local club do it! It's a little bit of work but I've met a lot of people, had a lot of fun, learned a lot and I guarantee the club can use the help.

blkrifle

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    terre haute
    ^^^ yep.

I just started helping with ACC this year and there is a lot more work then I ever expected. Daniel does a ton of work leading up to the match with stage design and planning. Then of course there's set up/tear down which takes a lot of time and effort. I'm definitely more appreciative of the club crews since I've now seen/helped with putting matches on. Kinda makes you think twice about *****ing about stages.

Rob and the other score keepers have a pretty thankless job too. They've led the way with the kindle scoring and half the time I see Rob he's walking around helping someone figure something out or synching a kindle. It can't be easy to do that and focus on your own match too.

For the guys that have thought about getting more active at your local club do it! It's a little bit of work but I've met a lot of people, had a lot of fun, learned a lot and I guarantee the club can use the help.

+1 help is always appreciated.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Thank you RO's and Match Directors. ROing and being a Match Director is a very hard and strenuous job. These are the guys and gals that make or sport happen and keep it going with their attention to our saftey and details. The RO's and Match Directors are volunteers like all of the people that put on the matches. When you get a chance, say thanks to all of these people because that is their only pay, better yet assist them if you can.:patriot:

+100000000

I want to dispell a rumor that you have to have gray hair to be a RO.
    Every match I go to it seems that 80% of the RO's are seniors or well seasoned shooters.
    It is going to start getting hot this summer and all of us "older shooters" would love some help with the timer or scoring. If you have never run a timer ask the mat ch director to put you with someone and we will be happy to show you how to do it.
    This sport survives on volunteers.

Top Bottom