Kut's Trump Approval Thread #1 (Starts Out at 100%)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    In my opinion, each decision/misstep should carry its own weight.

Use a poop emoji on the official @POTUS Twitter account? -2.
    Ban all guns? -100.

That's how I would score things. I was just curious on if he has given it thought yet. Like I said, I love the idea.

gamecrimez

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Lafayette
    I give a 100 as well. As long as he sticks to what he has promised I cant see it changing. However they all seem to make promises they cant keep so we will have to see. Jus my :twocents:! :)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Kut, I personally love the idea. I'm going to do that for my own personal use and see what I end up with at the end of his presidency. I do have to ask though, is there a standard value for positive and negatives? Like is every negative worth 5 points? Or is the worth dependent on the misstep? (Example: Bans all guns = - 90? Or a standard -5?)

Yep, like GPIA said, it depends on the mishap. A unpresidential tweet, say like attacking the looks of someone's wife maybe the loss of a point. Registry of American Muslims loss of like 25.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I give a 100 as well. As long as he sticks to what he has promised I cant see it changing. However they all seem to make promises they cant keep so we will have to see. Jus my :twocents:! :)

Even the speech had areas that counteract with each other, which is his style. Lots of words that sound good (and it did), but action is what'll ultimately matter.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Okay, did he say he was going to eliminate ISIS or radical Islam? Either way that will be tough. One is improbable and one is impossible.
    I caught that too. He said "we", and did not specify the timeframe. I am guessing it will take longer than 8 years. ISIS isn't really that old, though, so there is a chance. "Radical Islam", however you define it, has been around for a thousand years or so. Might be a bit harder to crack that nut.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I am biased, and my rating will reflect this. If he repeals the NFA, GCA 1968 and the Hughes amendment, it is unlikely that he will fall below 138 out of a possible 100. And getting that low would probably require an invasion of Canada.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I see your point. But Canadian beer sucks.

"Eh?":)
    139247d0d897c4916cb29dda4167d0c5.jpg

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I think its unfair to start at 100. I'd suggest 50. Balance. Equipoise. Neither good nor bad.

I don't see it as unfair per say. But not necessarily accurate.

Everyone gets the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

How is it going to work if he does two good things, then one bad? If he starts at 100, and can't go above. Would he drop below 100 for the one bad after the two good?

So do we only remove points or do we get to add points back?

Per the OP he would add points on if it dropped below 100.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Had a friend once that treated the tip at a restaurant the same way. He'd tell the waiter/waitress, "Hi, I'm Jeff, and this is the way I do the tip. Here's twenty dollars (lays a twenty on the table), that's where we start. Each time something bad happens - my glass goes empty - my food is delivered cold - the check is inaccurate - etc. I take money away and put it back in my pocket. Savvy?" Jeff NEVER got bad service and I mean NEVER.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I watched the media on a couple channels after his speech and they were already giving Trump a -100%. So seems fair for common folks to start him at 100%. If we could get rid of main stream media it would be a big plus…fair and balance they are not. Trump came out swinging and the media hacks that do nothing for America showed they will not change.

Top Bottom