• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Laughing Snake

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    SW Indy
    So I had some spare kydex I didn't know what to do with so I started researching. Mulling around different ideas, I thought about cutting and forming a sheet of kydex into a panel of MOLLE loops. I thought looping cloth MOLLE straps directly around kydex would make it wear prematurely but I don't know. Then I thought of doing makeshift PALS platforms to attach to the panel. I'll have to see where this goes.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I too thought of this for vehicle trunks and what not. My idea, and you're welcome to use it, was to take a large sheet of kydex in the shape of a car trunk (crown vic or jeep tailgate for example). I would then cut slits long ways across the sheet the thickness and separation of molle. Then if possible i would heat those loops so they'd extend from the material essentially looking similar to this

louvers002.jpg

The difference being that each "molle" portion would protrude at the top and bottom making threading molle stuff easier on a rigid platform. The design ideas are endless. You could go as to shape kydex into the shape of a seat back. You could then attach all your gear to the back of your seat similar to this

ck_tactical_seat_cover_1.jpg

Top Bottom