• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    So I have to get something to plow the driveway. I also want something for utility work around the property and I've decided I need a UTV.

I was pretty set on getting a Polaris Ranger 570 EFI but the guy down at Maximum in M'ville was a douche and flat out lied about a few things, so they are out. Yes I know there are other Polaris dealers and I will use them if I go that route.

In any case, that explains how I wound up swinging by a Honda / Cat / Kymco dealer.

Kymco has a UXV 700i that has 2.2 more inches of ground clearance, an actual front locking diff as opposed to the AWD thing the Ranger has going on and it runs about 3k less when decked out with enclosed cab, plow, winch ect. ect. Also has slightly more HP due to bigger engine and they claim more torque.

Trying to find US based reviews are very slim, these things seem to be top dogs in other countries, especially Europe.

Any thoughts?

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    My wife and I each have Kymco motorcycles, that is the limit of my experience. In the case of these motorcycles, I have found them to be extremely reliable and far less expensive than their Japanese competitors. The Kymco is a well made motorcycle. I hope this helps a little. I have put 4000+ miles on mine. I rode it today and it runs perfectly.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Hornadylnl has a UTV he's been very happy with. Can't recall what the brand is but he had a thread here a long time ago about it. If you can dig it up there's a bit of info there. May be a Deere.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    My wife and I each have Kymco motorcycles, that is the limit of my experience. In the case of these motorcycles, I have found them to be extremely reliable and far less expensive than their Japanese competitors. The Kymco is a well made motorcycle. I hope this helps a little. I have put 4000+ miles on mine. I rode it today and it runs perfectly.

What model of the Kymco motorcycles do you own?

Noland

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    N IN
    I have a Kymco Super 8 scooter. I bought it for my daughter to ride to band practice the summer before she got her license. As soon as she got her license she wouldn't be caught dead on it anymore, of course.

I ride it sometimes when the weather is nice. It hasn't had a single problem in 6 years.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I have a Kymco Super 8 scooter. I bought it for my daughter to ride to band practice the summer before she got her license. As soon as she got her license she wouldn't be caught dead on it anymore, of course.

I ride it sometimes when the weather is nice. It hasn't had a single problem in 6 years.

Thanks. I see there is a Kymco dealer in Valparaiso.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan

I used to have one also and it was nice. We also have a B&W 150.

As stated above, Kymco makes a lot of equipment that is re-badged for the big 4, although it is mostly their 50-90cc four wheelers as far as I know.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Thanks. I see there is a Kymco dealer in Valparaiso.

Yep, that's where I went.

I bought it today. 1.9% and zero down. They worked a good deal on the purchase price too.

Night and day difference between them and Maxim in Hobart, had I went with Polaris I would have driven out to South Bend area just to keep from having to deal with them.

Going to take 7-10 days from it to be shipped in from the factory and get the plow and what not in.

I'll report back once I've had it for awhile. Overall the 700I LE is a better deal than the ranger 570efi and you get a locking diff, better ground clearance, more HP and bigger engine putting out more torque and cheaper accessories.

The couple grand I save now will make up for the lower resale value down the road... assuming the name Kymco doesn't catch on between now and then.

Top Bottom