• ...and so much more!
  • vxtip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    West of somewhere
    Update: Not For Sale at this time..

This is a Century Arms import rifle, former thumbhole buttstock gun. It is a British kit on an unmarked Imbel receiver and takes standard Metric magazines. The rifle was head-spaced, fitted with a new locking shoulder, the barrel was cut, crowned, and threaded - by "Moses" on Falfiles, who's company is CMPArmory. It is 922r compliant.

I am the 2nd owner. I only took it out twice and put maybe 200 rounds through it. Brass ammo worked fine but steel-cased Tula won't reliably extract. Some mags worked fine, others had failures. I have not shot it enough to trouble-shoot the rifle to determine it's overall reliability.

[STRIKE]Cash price: $825 for rifle, parts, and 2 magazines[/STRIKE]
    Location: Avon area, we will meet in a public parking lot to make the transaction.
    I will ask you if you are legally allowed to own a firearm in the state of Indiana.
    I will ask to see your Indiana state I.D.

Current Configuration:

Old pic, this is it with the long buttstock plate:

Included parts: long plastic buttstock pad, carry handle, front sling attachment, extra chrome gas piston, hammer & trigger.

I have a total of 10 foreign made 20rnd magazines, i'll include 2 with the rifle. (floor plates are U.S. Made)
    Extra magazines are $20 a piece, please let me know if you're interested.
    [/URL

Video of some friends and I shooting this rifle:
    [URL=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a125/VXTip556/WilburWrightRangeTripVideo_Short_6-30-1_011.mp4]

I have included photos of parts and descriptions of any modifications:

7 US. made parts in accordance with 922r:
    - Flashhider
    - Handguards
    - Gas Piston
    - Hammer
    - Trigger
    - Sear
    - Magazine Floorplates

Left side of lower receiver, I filed the nub of the thumb safety because i'm a lefty and it dug into my hand, doesn't effect function. I had to remove some plastic inside the channel of the pistol grip trigger plunger and change the springs to get the trigger to reliably reset.

Inside lower receiver

Lower receiver, pistol-grip bushing (Gunthings.com part) to replace what Century ground off to fit their thumbhole stocks

Chrome-Lined Chamber and correct feed ramps

Right side of Upper Receiver, Century markings

Front Sight

Sand-cuts bolt carrier group

It's currently got the old rubber Century pad jury-rigged on the buttstock

Inside buttstock

Inside the magwell. The Bolt hold-open functions, I had to remove a miniscule amount of material from the channel it runs in and do some filing on the BHO itself but it moves smoothly now.

US. Made Parts (3): Gas Piston, Mag followers, and Hammer, Trigger, Sear (gunthings.com)

Barrel Cut to 20.5 inches, threaded for common Metric Flashhiders (9/16-24 Left Hand twist)
    Work was done by "Moses" (Falfiles, CMPArmory). I had to put some Red-Loctite on the threads FYI.

Custom U.S. Made (1) replica L1A1 Flashhider, Metric threads. (by Moses, CMPArmory)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom