• ...and so much more!
  • Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    -1 LA Police Gear.. :xmad::noway::xmad::noway::xmad::noway::xmad: :puke:

I ordered a pair of Bates Boots, Khaki Pants, 100' of Paracord, and a Knife a week and a half ago from LA Police Gear 5.11 Tactical, Galco, Maxpedition, Converse, Bates, Danner, Surefire and Blackhawk. One day later all the funds have been taken out of my account for the gear I ordered. Three days later nothing has been shipped. I call LAPOLICEGEAR and they stated the boots are on backorder and won’t arrive from Bates for another 2 more weeks (July 23rd).

I told the lady I would take a different pair that was in stock at which time I got back online, found a pair, and told her the stock number. The next day I get an email from her saying those boots aren't in stock either, but Bates will directly ship them to me and the rest of my gear will be shipped in a separate package from LAPOLICEGEAR.

Three days later I received an email saying ALL items have been shipped and watched the tracking number all the way to my doorstep. I received the package on a Friday, opened it... I got my boots from Bates, but that's it. I called LAPOLICEGEAR to see about the rest of my items and the female stated their records state everything has been shipped and delivered. I told her numerous times I didn't receive anything but the boots. She then checked another record that stated my order was still in the warehouse and for some reason has not been shipped. She said she would forward my order #, phone number, and email address to her supervisor and stated he will be contacting me shortly.

I heard nothing the rest of the day Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. Monday morning I call LAPOLICEGEAR to see where my order is. The lady stated the pants I ordered are no longer in stock and asked if I wanted to select a different pair at a higher price. I said no; just ship the paracord and the knife. She stated the $11.99 will be deposited back into my account and the remaining items will be shipped immediately.

So, as of today, I have a new tracking number that says my items are going to reach my doorstep on July 23 (the same day the original pair of boots I wanted would arrive). Oh, and the $11.99 has not been placed back into my account as of 10:30 this morning.

So all in all…

I ordered:
    (1) $10.00 knife (Closeout)
    (1) $4.99 100’ Paracord
    Totaling: $14.00,
    Costing: $10.00 to ship, which still took 2 weeks!

Did not receive the original boots I wanted or the pants that were IN STOCK the day I placed my order. I never once received an “I’m Sorry” or a “We will pay for your shipping”.

Last edited:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    My transactions with LAPG have been hit or miss. They have really good deals sometimes, but the stock status on their website isn't always accurate, they charge your card when the order is placed as opposed to when it ships, their process/ship time is fairly slow, and their return policy SUCKS.

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    :rules:

You aren't supposed to give a + or - when reviewing merchants.

Thanks, I guess I didn't realize that when I saw all these other +1's and -1's in the list of threads.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/online_merchants/100298-1_gunners_alley.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/online_merchants/99711-1_hoosier_gun_coat.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/online_merchants/74305--1_ja_ciener_22_conversions.html

...and just my :twocents: that is stupid. It is the "Good, Bad, & Ugly" thread... where else would I post a -1? But, rules are rules..

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Thanks, I guess I didn't realize that when I saw all these other +1's and -1's in the list of threads.

Obviously, some folks can't read or comprehend the rules. We Mods try to catch and correct them as best we can, but occasionally some get through. :eek:

It is the "Good, Bad, & Ugly" thread... where else would I post a -1?

You can put it in the body of your post if you wish. The reasoning behind the rule is so that multiple reviews, both bad and good, can be contained within the same thread under a given vendor's name, thus reducing the number of (repetitive) threads within that subforum. The rules for Online Merchants and Local Gun Shops are necessarily a bit different than for individual transactions.

:ingo:

Last edited:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Hey militarypol21, those pants that you never received (and you were told were "discontinued") are actually in stock again. They cost $4 more though than they did when you tried to order them the first time. Call and ask if they'll honor the original price you were quoted when you ordered since you were given false information.

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    -1 LAPOLICEGEAR

I ordered a drop leg holster for my lady for Christmas. She wants one for the range and for Zombies. I got her some other gifts too, but that's the gun related one. I also ordered a MOLLE Thigh Rig set up that was on clearance. Two days later, I received a backorder notice on the Holster. Thigh rig is in stock, but not shipped. But, the backorder notice says that the shipment of the holster is inbound to them from the manufacturer. THAT WAS A MONTH AGO! Tried to cancel my order, they told me they can't. Bastards, now I have to wait. I will never order from them again.

Their BS Cancellation Policy:

Cancelled Order Policy

LA Police Gear, Inc. attempts to ship orders as quickly as possible. As a result once an order is submitted via any method (website, mail, fax, or phone) we will not be able to cancel your order once it has been processed, nor will we be able to stop it from shipping. Please note that the customer is making sure that the order is accurate and returning the package back to LA Police Gear, Inc. for a refund. LA Police Gear will not be responsible for any orders that cannot be cancelled or stopped. Any order that needs to be returned are subject to the normal Return’s Policy.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    They also have some issues with not showing items out of stock and the ones that are I have had them be a bit off on when it would be back in. When I say a little I mean months.

Top Bottom