• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Wondering if these units ever go on sale? Around the holidays? Best prices?

My loading is getting to where I really should be dragging my chrono out, but I kinda hate to build that erector set.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Good timing.... they go on sale November 15th through December 9th, save $60.

Wow, that's great. Is this a rebate or specific outlet?

Wonder if there is a way build on the savings with overall store discounts from big outfits like Brownells or Midway?

Along that line, I notice Brownells is advertising this is one of their "Guaranteed Forever" items. Hmm...

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Go for it, you won't be sorry. Your only regret is that you waited so long!!! I hemmed and hawed forever before finally ponying up the cash. It is now one of those things that I would buy tomorrow if it broke.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Somehow you encourage me to :spend::spend::spend:.

You're welcome! :ingo: Anytime you need some help spending money, just be sure to let me know!!!

This is totally worth it however. You will thank me later. It even chrony's those wimpy 9mm's you are shooting nowadays after abandoning your .45's!!! :):

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Still trying to run down the details on this???

You're welcome! :ingo: Anytime you need some help spending money, just be sure to let me know!!!

This is totally worth it however. You will thank me later. It even chrony's those wimpy 9mm's you are shooting nowadays after abandoning your .45's!!! :):

I see they sell an additional air rifle add on. Are there any must have additions to the unit that it would pay to buy up front?

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I see they sell an additional air rifle add on. Are there any must have additions to the unit that it would pay to buy up front?

Two things I recommend:

1) A good tripod. Don't cheap out.

2) A decent capacity USB battery pack. This thing sucks batteries, and if you try to use the internal AA batteries you will be going crazy and dropping tons of cash on new batteries.

LeverGunFan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Bartholomew County
    Many Labradar users have an external battery pack, but I have had good luck using Energizer AA lithium batteries. I try to be efficient in the use of power on time, and I like the convenience of not having the external battery pack. As they say, your mileage may vary.... especially if you are gathering a lot of data.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Two things I recommend:
    1) A good tripod. Don't cheap out.

2) A decent capacity USB battery pack. This thing sucks batteries, and if you try to use the internal AA batteries you will be going crazy and dropping tons of cash on new batteries.

Many Labradar users have an external battery pack, but I have had good luck using Energizer AA lithium batteries. I try to be efficient in the use of power on time, and I like the convenience of not having the external battery pack. As they say, your mileage may vary.... especially if you are gathering a lot of data.

Will any external battery pack work with these? I have the standard (microUSB) phone/tablet charging ones sprinkled around all over the place.

What about LabRadar's bench mount unit vs a tripod? (I have a believed to be decent tripod.)

Their orange case for the unit?

Last edited:

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Will any external battery pack work with these? I have the standard (microUSB) phone/tablet charging ones sprinkled around all over the place.

What about LabRadar's bench mount unit vs a tripod? (I have a believed to be decent tripod.)

Their orange case for the unit?

Personal opinions:

Any battery pack will due. The micro USB ones are perfect.

The bench top stand from LR is nice (although pricey), but I find that I am rarely sitting at a table. Pistols are usually tested when standing, and rifles when prone. A good tripod will accommodate both positions. If you shoot a lot from a bench, the stand might work well, but you cannot adjust the height, so that turns me away.

The orange bag is an overpriced option IMHO. I have an old laptop case that I use that works perfectly, and gives me an outside pouch for the batter packs (I keep 2), cables, and my log book along with a few pens.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Personal opinions:

Any battery pack will due. The micro USB ones are perfect.

The bench top stand from LR is nice (although pricey), but I find that I am rarely sitting at a table. Pistols are usually tested when standing, and rifles when prone. A good tripod will accommodate both positions. If you shoot a lot from a bench, the stand might work well, but you cannot adjust the height, so that turns me away.

The orange bag is an overpriced option IMHO. I have an old laptop case that I use that works perfectly, and gives me an outside pouch for the batter packs (I keep 2), cables, and my log book along with a few pens.

I was thinking the same on the case. Laptop cases laying around collecting dust around here. I'll try the thing out and see if any other accessories might be useful later.

I went ahead and ordered from Brownells. Found a coupon code for an additional $20 off plus free shipping. I was gonna hold off for maybe better Black Friday discount pricing, but was concerned they'd go out of stock again. They just come back in stock there yesterday.

Maybe snake oil, but Brownells really has me intrigued with their advertised lifetime guarantee on this product. Consequently, I didn't shop anywhere else.

Now, who is in the market for a lightly used CED Millennium Chronogragh? :)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom