• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Before you say "just ask her", I'm looking for things Santa can bring and asking her isn't an option.

Would you wear this:

SneakyPete

I'm thinking of getting one for my wife for her Shield. Yes? No? Potential pitfalls?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Before you say "just ask her", I'm looking for things Santa can bring and asking her isn't an option.

Would you wear this:

SneakyPete

I'm thinking of getting one for my wife for her Shield. Yes? No? Potential pitfalls?

I have to confess going the wrong direction with this! When I read 'would you wear this' I was not expecting a holster! :):

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Aside from looking like a book bag with a belt attachment, it looks difficult to access in a stressful hurried moment.:twocents:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Aside from looking like a book bag with a belt attachment, it looks difficult to access in a stressful hurried moment.:twocents:

I've seen it used, and its pretty simple. My wife's well coordinated and I don't think she'd have any issue with this, and its a lot faster than purse carry or the like. I'm more worried about the stylishness/possible manish-ness than her ability to use it. She's got a Remora, but it won't work with everything she wears.

mima07

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    central Indiana
    Don't have one. I would agree with JetGirl--looks awkward or difficult in a hurried, stressful situation. It does appear more like something a man would wear but the photo may not ? be actual size.
    Do you use one? If so, has your wife shown interest in it?
    For myself, I seldom OC; not comfortable with the stares or comments at this time. But I almost always CC. If I wore this holster, I'd feel like it was OC even if people weren't staring.
    So maybe two questions for you about your wife: Is she comfortable OC? And, if you own one of these holsters, has she expressed a favorable interest in it?
    Hate to see you buy her one and it end up in a desk drawer.
    Hope this helps a little.

Kloutz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2013
    In the center of it all
    You know your wife's style....well, maybe. With lady's, sometimes it can be confusing. I confuse myself sometimes! The question is whether your wife would find it unflattering. Does she wear a holder for her smart phone or anything? If she does, then she would probably like this gift. Maybe that would be a good way to find out if she would like it. Ask her if she would like or wear a case for her phone. You may figure out how she feels about it that way without giving away the secret.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I've seen it used, and its pretty simple. My wife's well coordinated and I don't think she'd have any issue with this, and its a lot faster than purse carry or the like. I'm more worried about the stylishness/possible manish-ness than her ability to use it. She's got a Remora, but it won't work with everything she wears.
    I think that's probably the biggest potential issue. It isn't very feminine or discreetly there. But a pic doesn't always represent well. I don't generally worry about fashion, but it's enough to give me pause.

I don't think it looks any more difficult to access than those bra holsters or belly bands. I've never been much for those kinds of arguments anyway. Training goes a long way to reducing reaction time. And if we're all honest with each other, if reaction time were the key issue, everybody would be OCing in some OWB rig.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I saw a guy wearing one the other day, and I'd have to say as a guy I would not wear one. I can't imagine a woman wearing it.

Funny thing was the guy had a cell phone on the other side of his belt, so it was clear that it was not a cell phone. I'm curious, would she be unwilling to unable to wear a good IWB holster?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm curious, would she be unwilling to unable to wear a good IWB holster?

Her belts tend to be much more fashion oriented than useful, hence the Remora. She's not going to OC and the Remora isn't appropriate for a lot of what she wears.

I'm thinking the case thing is out, if no ladies here are willing to say they'd use it, I'm sure my wife will be somewhere on the indifferent to appalled scale.

Hanu

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2011
    If you're trying to get her something firearm related, what about some range time or a class?

Top Bottom