Ladies what gun do you carry? or guys, what gun does your wife/girlfriend carry?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    She tried out several pistols, but will not shoot anything other than her pretty Rainbow Sig P238. She does pretty good with it. She does not carry though. She has been talking about getting her carry license. Maybe someday.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    My wife conceal carries a Sig 238 with my reloads. It fits nicely in her pocket when she has pockets but I also got her an Urban Carry holster that she likes a lot and uses.

Share your powder, weight, and bullet and weight please.

Lil Bob

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Crown Point, Indiian
    My wife likes my 9mm shield. She like shooting it more than any of my full size 9's. She believes that the felt recoil on the shield is less than all of my full size handguns. Although I would suggest as others above that you should have her try many different ones and find on she likes.

David D

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2013
    New Albany area
    My boss, whoops I mean my wife, started out with a stainless steel Taurus 85CH (5 round 38 snub), but declared it to be too heavy so after considerable research and handling she now carries a Sig p238.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    My wife recently sold 2 of her pistols and purchased an H&K P2000SK (sub-compact pistol) with the DAO LEM 2-stage trigger...cut her groupings in 1/2 the first time she shot it!

Comfort in the grip is an important part of shooting well.

Fantastic little pistol...now I want a P2000...go figure!

ammmorph

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2016
    Carmel
    Got a Sig P238 w/laser for my wife. Not sure if she's going to carry it. She shot it at the range but she's not really comfortable. May have to just go with a taser and pepper spray.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    My wife normally open carries her Glock 19 in a Blade-tech holster, carried on her Daltech Biobelt. In her purse is either a Shield or G42 as backup. When she has to CC, she uses the G42 in a Blade-tech Eclipse OWB or DeSantis SOF tuck IWB, depending on what she's wearing, with the G19 in her purse as backup.

Lees

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Out of everything, the Glock 42 is what I have ended up shooting the most and carrying the most often. The Kahr cw380 is an extremely soft shooter for its size, and it's so small I can hide it in a Remora in my bra if need be. I don't perceive any difference between it and the G42 in recoil. However, with both of those guns, limp wristing can be a problem. Self defense rounds fix it. I learned to be a better shooter, too. The Shield is ok, I personally wouldn't choose it over the Glock, however I don't think limp-wristing is a problem with the Shield. The XDs .45 is a very soft shooter for a small .45 and I wouldn't mind carrying that as opposed to the Shield. The larger Glocks, even the 26, are a lot harder to conceal than the 42, the tiny Kahr, or the Shield. .380 is not all that big a caliber, but I'm completely comfortable with carrying a .380 I can shoot really well.

The handgun I enjoy shooting the most, and the one that I shoot the best by far, is the CZ 75B.

There's nothing wrong with starting out with a larger gun, putting in a lot of fun range time with it, then getting used to smaller and smaller guns. Better to have a gun she enjoys shooting that will eventually lead her into carrying something else more often, than to carry a gun she can't use, is afraid of, and is reluctant to carry.

The Crossbreed Purse Defender works really well. However, I would not purse carry when my children are with me.

307SD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2016
    Down by the river.
    Wife carries either 9mm Shield or LC9S in her Gun Toten Mama purse.

Same here. Her primary is her LC9s, I have a Shield as well that she has carried. She shoots well with both but prefers her LC9s. She everyday carries in a not huge but large ccw purse that we bought at HighSmith in Greenfield. For kinda dress up/evening out she carries in a Pistol Packin Momma dress type purse. Both purses are very well made with strong straps and hardware.

ick

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2008
    NWI

Talk to Houghmade. I think he might make an exception and do your divorce paperwork. Nobody needs that kind of negativity in their life.
    :):

We have an understanding, she's just not into it. She wanted a big dog instead of a home defense shotgun. Hah.
    She knows that I have them and is fine with it though, she just isn't interested in shooting or going with me to the range.

I was in Indy over the weekend in mostly places that I couldn't carry (went to a concert at IU) and one of my offices downtown. She even rolled her eyes when I clipped on my pocketknife, even though I've carried once for the better part of my whole life every single day. Not ready for a divorce just yet... ;)

Top Bottom