• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    DailyWire is making big investments in lots of anti-woke products, including original entertainment and movies.

They just dropped a new trailer for their first feature length comedy. It goes live on DailyWire+ Friday 12/1.

The movie tells the story of one down-on-his-luck former high school basketball coach, Rob, who will do anything to win — which in this case means teaching his team of men radical modern gender theory and leading them to identify as women in order to brutally dominate multiple women’s sports.
    If you don't have a subscription, now would be the time to get one. 50% off all yearly plans right now. The deal ends today.

Don't give money to woke movie studios. Support conservative creators with your dollars.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Tempted to get that service just to watch it
    They've extended the promo to get 50% a DW+ annual subscription to coincide with the movie premiere tonight.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Watched it last night. Funny AF IMO. It was not a polished movie, but for something thrown together in less than 6 months, making fun of Leftists and providing a positive message, I thought it was great. We need to keep pushing the message that men in womens sports is wrong and this provides that message in a humorous fashion.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Looks really funny, I kind of wish they’d try to push some of these to theaters. I think they might do better than some think.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Looks really funny, I kind of wish they’d try to push some of these to theaters. I think they might do better than some think.
    They certainly tried to push it to studios and theaters, but the trans issue is Hollywood's religion right now, so no way they wanted to touch it.

Last night after the premier DailyWire was asking people who watched to post reviews and rank it on Rotten Tomatoes. There were all kinds of reports on Twitter and screen shots from people saying RT and Google wouldn't let them save a review.

It had a 96% positive audience score with over 100 user rankings when I looked, but only showed five actual written reviews. Three of them were negative one star reviews from people who clearly hadn't watched it, calling it transphobic and hateful.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I did watch last night. I thought it was more polished and much better acted than what I expected. It clearly isn't a Hollywood movie, but did not come across as ultra low budget and cheap.

The plot was kind of thin, but I did appreciate that the premise for why the guys would pretend to be girls was based on the desire to get fame and money. And they did even touch on the fact that some "trans" people really do get confused by what they're people told by the alphabet mafia, so there was some nuance to the issue overall. It wasn't just pure mockery.

I enjoyed that they hit some of the other leftist sacred cows too. The corrupt media is a big theme. So was indoctrination of the school system. There's also a bit early in the movie with a woman wearing a cloth mask that may have been my favorite part.

Matt Walsh basically steals the movie as the hippie boyfriend of the coaches ex wife. Michael Knowles was funny in his small role too. The Jordan Peterson cameo was a surprise. Jeremy Boreing was actually very good as the coach. In fact, I thought the acting was surprisingly good given that the characters are all DailyWire hosts and not professionals. The original music was a bright spot too.

Lady Ballers isn't going to win any Oscars, but it was a solid movie, that made me laugh out loud probably a dozen times. Some of the tropes they went after could have been a little more subtle, but I get that not everyone who will be watching pays as much attention to how insane the left is, so they may need to be hammered over the head a little harder. That said, there was quite a bit of heart in the ending. There were more emotional layers than I was expecting, particularly around divorce and how the coach interacted with his ex-wife and young daughter.

Overall, it was a really solid first comedy from DailyWire+. I give it a B+.

Top Bottom