Lady rescued from Kroger robbery now suing Kroger and rescuer.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon812

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Paoli
    Can she be sued for stupidity? this is why good people are afraid to help other in distressed. Why give someone cpr when they can turn around and sue your ass for saving their life?

rthatchjr

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    I used to be against making people be tested for stupidity and general mopery, but it is people like this that make me believe it is time!

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Nelson claims that she “suffered extreme mental anguish and emotional distress as a result of being held at gun point and being in the midst of gunfire, and the death of Atkinson next to her.”

So why didn't she also bring a civil action against the estate of Jeremy Atkinson?

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    Nelson claims that she “suffered extreme mental anguish and emotional distress as a result of being held at gun point and being in the midst of gunfire, and the death of Atkinson next to her.”

So why didn't she also bring a civil action against the estate of Jeremy Atkinson?

No money to be made...

treken

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2012
    It really bothers me how apt people are to sue others these days. Some things are unpredictable, and unfortunate.

merotek

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    New Albany
    And there is the problem with society. Let's not hold a convicted criminal, wanted for arrest on another crime, responsible. No. Lets blame the one who acted legally and helped you for your emotional trauma. Nice. Really nice.

Problem is, she gets no money from the robber, Kroger got a nice size checkbook.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    It's probably expensive to have a private investigator do this, but it would be interesting to take a hard look at Christine Nelson and see if she had any prior contact with the would-be robber. Maybe she's pissed because she didn't get the pay off she was expecting... I don't know how long she was a security guard but I would also take a hard look at all her previous assignments and see if anything unusual happened at any of them...

Top Bottom