• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • orangeone

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Don't think I will go, I don't believe my son, a friend and I have missed ANY local (Kokomo, Lafayette, Tipton) shows in the last couple years. But the "doorman" at the last Gun Slinger show was downright rude - insisting we remove all ammo from magazines and NO ammo was allowed in the show! Had to return to the van to put the bullets in the vehicle.
    Never had that happen before at any show, I sure don't need to support people like this. By the way the new operator of the Tipton show (went last Sunday) didn't even ask if you were carrying! No one inspecting firearms at the door - guess what - NO PROBLEMS. I will never miss any of his shows if I can walk and drive!

If the Fair Board at Tipton finds out the new promoter is violating the insurance requirement by allowing loaded guns at the show, that show will probably be cancelled. Gunslingers are insured at all their shows and they adhere to the requirements of the insurance policy. They have never had an accidental discharge at one of their shows. I’ve seen posts on INGO indicating that other shows in Indiana have had accidental discharges. Gunslingers provide extra security personnel to make sure that guns brought into the show are not loaded. I appreciate the extra effort by Gunslingers to help make their shows safe. (Never can be too safe) Gun shows are under public scrutiny at this time and we must do everything we can to keep the shows safe. Also, that was the first show for the promoter at Tipton. Could have just forgot?

Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Just got back from the show. I will say that this was a very nice show. I didn't buy anything since I am a bargain hunter, but the tables were well laid out, the Gunslinger's personnel were nice, the vendors were talkative. I was able to determine which barrel set up I want on my AR and what kind of sight set-up I want to go with.

Would have been nice to purchase the barrel(upper) and sights, but I am just so programmed to not pay retail for stuff.:)

Lot's of free parking too!

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    It has to be darn tough to be a vendor these days. The old panic customers (with panic money ready to spend) are gone. I really didn't see a lot of sales going on. Plenty of firearms of every variety, a bunch of tacticool AR stuff. Ammo prices were probably generally ok, but nothing to get excited about. Almost nothing for the reloader.

I really do like it in that building. It was clean, spacious and well lit. The fairgrounds location is just too dark for my old eyes.

Best thing in the show was having a chance talk to a few friends.

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    There are nearly 350 tables at this show.

This show is Gunslinger’s fourth show in Lafayette. The fairground show has a different promoter and different vendors.

There is not a ban on carrying magazines into thevenue. HOWEVER, there is a ban oncarrying LOADED magazines into the venue.

If the Fair Board at Tipton finds out the new promoter is violating the insurance requirement by allowing loaded guns at the show, that show will probably be cancelled. Gunslingers are insured at all their shows and they adhere to the requirements of the insurance policy. They have never had an accidental discharge at one of their shows. I’ve seen posts on INGO indicating that other shows in Indiana have had accidental discharges. Gunslingers provide extra security personnel to make sure that guns brought into the show are not loaded. I appreciate the extra effort by Gunslingers to help make their shows safe. (Never can be too safe) Gun shows are under public scrutiny at this time and we must do everything we can to keep the shows safe. Also, that was the first show for the promoter at Tipton. Could have just forgot?

:postwhore:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    It has to be darn tough to be a vendor these days. The old panic customers (with panic money ready to spend) are gone. I really didn't see a lot of sales going on. Plenty of firearms of every variety, a bunch of tacticool AR stuff. Ammo prices were probably generally ok, but nothing to get excited about. Almost nothing for the reloader.

I really do like it in that building. It was clean, spacious and well lit. The fairgrounds location is just too dark for my old eyes.

Best thing in the show was having a chance talk to a few friends.

Hey Leo, that RRA guy had the very upper set up I was looking at. I picked it up and liked it. Not too heavy, not too light, very Goldilocks like.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I went gimping in to pick up my TRR-SR since I got delayed per usual. Ugh. Thanks BATFE! I did score a nice shooter. Location was a bit different but was in a nice locale.

Osprey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    i was at the Tipton show If I recall there was a LEO at the door where you check in. the show was good with decent prices. waiting for the 1500 next week.

orangeone

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Perhaps the phrase "post whore" was incorrect. I was merely trying to point out that orangeone has been a member for 9 - 10 months and more than 15% of his/her posts were from this thread.

Thank you, Nipprdog. Yes, I was trying to answer questions and correct misinformation. I felt the best way to do that was to respond to each question individually so that everyone could associate the initial question with my response. I thought the purpose for this forum was to provide helpful information rather than name-calling, other dave. I'm sure some of the other vendors at the Gunslinger show could have responded, but they were probably too busy with customers to have time to post on ingo.

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON

I was at the show in Tipton on Saturday and the people at the door were requiring people to unload and tie-wrap firearms. I worked the front door on Sunday and we were doing the same.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I was at the show in Tipton on Saturday and the people at the door were requiring people to unload and tie-wrap firearms. I worked the front door on Sunday and we were doing the same.

I saw the same check-in process at the front door on both Saturday and Sunday.

Top Bottom