• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crusader17

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Miami County
    I was wondering how the Lafayette gun shows generally are?

Obviously the 1500 is pretty great, Valpo is a good one, yet Kokomo has been underwhelming.
    How might Lafayette compare? Worth an hour drive?

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    I have been to the Lafayette show a few times before, I am not too sure I will be going to any of them in the future. It is about the same size as the Kokomo show, maybe a little smaller. It is nice to talk to the vendors, but the show does not have a lot of things that interest me (mostly older Smiths and military surplus). That is how I am starting to feel about the Crown Point show as well. My two favorite ones are Valparaiso and the Indy 1500. I was pretty impressed by the Elkhart and Tipton shows, I will definitely be attending those in the future.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I have been to the Lafayette show a few times before, I am not too sure I will be going to any of them in the future. It is about the same size as the Kokomo show, maybe a little smaller. It is nice to talk to the vendors, but the show does not have a lot of things that interest me (mostly older Smiths and military surplus). That is how I am starting to feel about the Crown Point show as well. My two favorite ones are Valparaiso and the Indy 1500. I was pretty impressed by the Elkhart and Tipton shows, I will definitely be attending those in the future.

I would have to agree about the Crown Point show. Cant say I have ever bought anything there at all. Hit the last one and am probably going to write it off. Valpo I thought was decent. Indy for me is two hours away then you have to pay to park all during peak flu season. Think I will pass on that one.

I hit Elkhart and was pretty disappointed as well. Lots of old junk shot guns and bolt actions. If maybe a guy was looking for an old hunting iron it might be a good show. Wont be going to that one again. Lots of the same vendors from Crown Point. Two hour drive for me aswell. Should have stayed home.

Thought about hitting the Lafayette show. Its an hour from me. Probably pass if its a small show.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    Up until early 2017 the CP show was a great one to attend. There were a lot of great vendors and the variety of stuff for sale was impressive. I used to buy one or two firearms a year at that show, it has been two or three years since I have purchased one there. Valpo is still going strong, a good number of the vendors are collectors just wanting to sell off some stuff, which is great for me. The 1500 is a hit or miss, I usually leave the show with a firearm. At the one in the fall I purchased a Mauser and sold three guns. At the last one I did not buy a thing, but that will not stop me from going to the next one. You never know what you will find

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I usually attend the Lafayette show as it is only 20 ~25 mile from me. I have purchased a firearm or two there as well as ammo. It is a smaller show and for the last few shows has been scheduled the same dates as the Tipton show. Given the option, I normally attend the Tipton show if they are on the same date.

I have attended both, one Saturday, one Sunday, but it is somewhat tiring for me at my age! The Tipton show is a little larger, has more mil surplus firearms and for those that it is a consideration the best food I have seen at any Gun Show. I go to the shows for information and entertainment, not necessarily to purchase something large ever time I attend. Usually find something I can't live without!

Crusader17

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2017
    Miami County
    I'm actually really surprised to hear Tipton is a good show! I assumed if Kokomo was a dud that certainly Tipton would be, that's good to know, I'll have to get to Tipton this year.

Top Bottom