• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    RAM-Z pawn shop is the best around to be honest...

HAHA are you kidding? They are WAY over priced, and at least when I tried to deal they didn't want anything to do with it, said their prices were right in line. Also remember seeing them trying to undercut a guy that was trying to sell a pistol. It was like watching a episode of Pawn Stars in there. I will never step foot in there again. :noway:

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    Arrows iii is where I bought my AR. It was used and dad and mom stopped in there on the 4th of July and called me an told me about it. I went an bought it later that day. Jeff haug owns the place. Very knowledgeable guy on hunting and fishing. He gies to Canada fishing all the time an helps get new remote camps goin and is generally one of the first guys to go in and try new lakes out. Very nice guy.

Paris gunsmithing is on county road 600 n between 300 e and 200e. At a farm house. It's a small shop. Let me find it on the map and I'll try and post it.

Last edited:

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    Ok to get to Paris go to geetingsville on 26. Turn south on 200E right in geetingsville. Then go about 2.5 miles south. Turn east on 600 N. Its kinda hard to see because it's kinda hidden by some trees. Then it's about a half mile east on 600 N on the north side. White house with some barns. It's a little buildin by their shop. Sign says repair shop with an arrow.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Pre-Obama I purchased some very nice pieces in Ram-Z. Recently they are testing what the market will bear (which is their right).

We shall see how the market allows them to do so . . . and THEN I'll be back.:D

gunrott

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    Lafayette
    They are not in Delphi. Diamond V is in Lafayette, you know, the place that you did not realize had all the gun stores?:D

I was referring to Bubbajms post, about being his favorite shop when it was in Delphi. Sorry for the confusion.
    RAM-Z pawn shop is over priced on most of their stuff, Once in a while you can find something priced reasonably priced.

Aggar, Thanks for the Directions to Paris. :yesway:

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    I was referring to Bubbajms post, about being his favorite shop when it was in Delphi. Sorry for the confusion.
    RAM-Z pawn shop is over priced on most of their stuff, Once in a while you can find something priced reasonably priced.

Aggar, Thanks for the Directions to Paris. :yesway:

Tell them Ryan Neal sent ya there. I won't get any perks but I want them to know that I'm sending people down there. Nice guys. THey're brothers that started this with their dad that passed away just afterwards. They've been into guns since they were in diapers.

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    HAHA are you kidding? They are WAY over priced, and at least when I tried to deal they didn't want anything to do with it, said their prices were right in line. Also remember seeing them trying to undercut a guy that was trying to sell a pistol. It was like watching a episode of Pawn Stars in there. I will never step foot in there again. :noway:

Really? Sure you didn't go to cash loan and security? Ram-Z owner's son goes to my church, their prices hands down beat everything AB can even offer and their ammo prices are better. Plus they aren't total jerks like the guys at AB. Where did you go? They always offer me an "obo" price and offer to order me guns, when I was going to buy an XD in 40 they, out of all the shops in Lafayette could order it the cheapest. I've always been greeted kindly in every department and they are always willing to negotiate. I'd suggest you go again. :dunno:

And as for undercutting a guy, um yeah, its a pawn shop. If people were smarter they'd sell online here. Who sells stuff to a pawn shop? :rolleyes: you always buy

zebov

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    Really? Sure you didn't go to cash loan and security? Ram-Z owner's son goes to my church, their prices hands down beat everything AB can even offer and their ammo prices are better. Plus they aren't total jerks like the guys at AB. Where did you go? They always offer me an "obo" price and offer to order me guns, when I was going to buy an XD in 40 they, out of all the shops in Lafayette could order it the cheapest. I've always been greeted kindly in every department and they are always willing to negotiate. I'd suggest you go again. :dunno:

And as for undercutting a guy, um yeah, its a pawn shop. If people were smarter they'd sell online here. Who sells stuff to a pawn shop? :rolleyes: you always buy

I'll have to stop by Ram-Z and check them out. I've always just skipped over the pawn shops because I figured they'd be way overpriced.

As far as Applied Ballistics, I've never had any issues and certainly don't think they are "total jerks." Don't know how you got that.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    ...As far as Applied Ballistics, I've never had any issues and certainly don't think they are "total jerks." Don't know how you got that.

Agreed. I've had nothing but good experiences at ABSI. Stan, Dave, and all the guys are responsive and friendly, and they're INGO advertisers as well. (I said nice things about them before they were, too!)

:+1: ABSI

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    I'm glad you all have enjoyed AB, because I have not been that fortunate. I'm always harassed at AB, between their foul mouthed staff, wanna be cowboy who can't stop updating me about his personal life when I just want to be left alone to look at a gun, the younger gun snob who continuously bashes what I look at, especially the Glocks.

Maybe I assume gun shops should greet you, ask if there is anything you would like to see, then leave you alone and this is just too much to ask. I may be a bit too conservative at heart.

NOTE: To those reading these posts by me, do not pass up this store just based off my experiences! Go see for yourself, to each his own how he wants to be treated and how he interpenetrates behavior. I've learned some gun stores just have those one or two "stupid" employees and they give the shop a bad name, AB is just a bit much of a drive for me to keep giving it chances, its like driving to pops when I'm in indy.

gunrott

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    Lafayette
    I went to Ace and Rico's and Diamond V today. I found a stock and hand guard for my old henry 22. He was very helpful and was willing to answer all my questions that I had. Same thing at Ace and Rico's but didn't buy anything from them yet! As far as AB goes I have had mixed experiences in there, If it wasn't for the shooting range I wouldn't do much business in there. I still wish these shops had a larger selection of used handguns. I know I am wanting a lot.

zebov

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    I'm glad you all have enjoyed AB, because I have not been that fortunate. I'm always harassed at AB, between their foul mouthed staff, wanna be cowboy who can't stop updating me about his personal life when I just want to be left alone to look at a gun, the younger gun snob who continuously bashes what I look at, especially the Glocks.

Maybe I assume gun shops should greet you, ask if there is anything you would like to see, then leave you alone and this is just too much to ask. I may be a bit too conservative at heart.

NOTE: To those reading these posts by me, do not pass up this store just based off my experiences! Go see for yourself, to each his own how he wants to be treated and how he interpenetrates behavior. I've learned some gun stores just have those one or two "stupid" employees and they give the shop a bad name, AB is just a bit much of a drive for me to keep giving it chances, its like driving to pops when I'm in indy.

Oh, ok. I understand much better now. Yeah, they do tend to talk and express their opinions quite a bit. I can see how if you just wanna get in, look around a bit, and get out then Applied Ballistics could rub you the wrong way. Personally, I don't mind the talking or opinions and often appreciate it. As you said, to each his own.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Heck, the people at Applied Ballistics is one of their attractions to me. It's never boring walking in there LOL. They are friendly, entertaining, interesting.

I drive 45 minutes to visit their shop, and was only disappointed with my experience one time, when they closed a couple minutes early.

In fact, I'm planning on paying them a visit tomorrow.

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    I enjoy best buy's customer relations, greeted when you enter, and maybe one or two "have you found what you are looking for" or "is everything going well today sir" and that's it. I guess for me, greet when I come in, ask if I need anything, if I don't leave me alone until I approach you. Speak when spoken too, and don't give me advice unless I ask for it. If I want your opinion I will ask for it, otherwise, don't bother me because odds are I don't care.

Maybe I'll have to stop by when your there Joe, see if maybe they just discriminate against me and see Mr. Williams in action. ;)

ImGumbyD@mIt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Lafayette Area
    Sallee's Lawn Equipment
    3330 Klondike Road
    Lafayette, IN 47906-5216

I've driven past and saw the sign but have never been inside. Do they keep new/used firearms in stock or just order?

My family has been using Sallee's for a couple of years now and have always been happy with him. Duane is a great guy and working hard to keep his little shop growing and still have good prices. I highly suggest you at least check him out. He is not the biggest shop around but of course he can also order anything he doesn't have in stock. I have not had any issues with A&R or AB but haven't really done a lot with either of them. Not crazy about Walkers... and haven't been to the other new one on Earl Ave.

smokestack

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Lafayette
    The pawn shops in town seem tend to be a bit pricy. Don't forget about Dick's they have some pretty good sales. Took a rifle to Ace and Ricos to get repaired, all together it was like 4 months to get it back. I had to make 3 trips in there to get it. Going to try Diamond V for next gun repair, they seem like really nice people.

gunrott

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    Lafayette
    The new pawn shop has opened up on the corner of 26/52. I think I might stop in there tomorrow on my way back into town.I will give an update an what they have and if there prices are decent or not! Just want to let people know.

gunrott

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    Lafayette
    The new pawn shop Had one bow and that is it, The were still putting stuff on the shelfs. I didn't even see a spot for them to put firearms or anything to deal with them.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    It's the same one that was up the road. I don't know if they do guns or not, honestly, but I know they're still not finished (at all) with getting things set up in there.

That place in West Lafayette on Klondyke (Staylees (SP?) or something) is hitting the radio advertising bigtime.. I may have to stop over there sooner or later myself..

Top Bottom