• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I have just read a message from the Shoot Boss for this weekend's Appleseed at (near) Lafayette.

He was discussing that there are but 10 pre-registered people for this shoot, not all of whom will be coming back for Sunday.

He would very much like to see this number increase, preferably double. Any of you considering attending an Appleseed who are anywhere close, I very strongly recommend attending this one. The Shoot Boss has not instructed in Indiana in over a year, and it would be a really good thing for us to get a big turnout for him.

The Shoot Boss, by the way, is none other than Fred, the guy who STARTED the Appleseed Project!!!

I wrote back to him expressing my extreme disappointment with the fact that I will be working the whole weekend and thus, unable to attend the shoot at all. Folks, you're not going to get a better shoot than one put on by the guy who started it. (The equal, maybe, but not better! ;))

Let's get those numbers up!

Lafayette, IN Appleseed -June 20-21, 2009 - Eventbrite

Blessings,
    Bill

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    I tell you all what. I have never met Fred and am sad that I will not get to see him this weekend. But if one of you who have not registered is willing to go and say "Hi!" for me, I will pay your way.

That's right, the first one to PM me before the Evanbrite site stops registration tommorow night will get their attendance paid for by me out of my own (not so big) pocket. All you have to do is PM me, go, shoot, learn, and be sure to tell Fred I said "Hi".

The only stipulation is that you are a new Appleseeder, not one who has been before. Don't fret if you have no ammo or no rifle - those are things we can get supplied for you for the weekend.

No joke here people.

So, the clock starts now...

techres

P.S. Getting to meet Fred is a very special thing. I have been in the program for 3 years and still have not had the honor. Do not miss the opportunity!

Bubbajms

Master
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    These are the days I really wish my boss wasn't a toolbox who can't make the schedule in advance.. I wonder if I could beg for the day off..

Winkerbean

Plinker
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hey, I'm new to the site and have heard about Appleseed. I would like to take my son but I also have to work. I have heard it's more than worth your time and a awesome experience. Good luck with the numbers...

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    :woot:

Fill it up folks! This will be an awesome shoot (it's an Appleseed, duh!;))

...with Fred as the Shoot Boss.:rockwoot:

This is a great range hosted by a great family which produced a record ratio of riflemen at their first event.

Do it! Tell your friends! :patriot:

UncleRed

Plinker
    Jun 23, 2009
    Lafayette
    Hello all. I am a brand-spankin new member to the forum (Yes, this is my first post here) so… Let me introduce myself. Married, father of three, 30+ years of shooting (Mostly pistol and shotgun)

The Lafayette shoot was my third AppleSeed and my first as an Instructor in Training (IIT). We had 13 shooters on the line Sat. (obviously not as many as we would have liked) and I think 10 or 11 on Sun.

Since we had EIGHT instructors, we had a lot of one-on-one time. While we did not make any riflemen at this shoot, the level of improvement of the shooters was remarkable. With one shooter coming close with scores around 200! (Expert is 210 out of 250)

We also saw Hooters Billy advance to full instructor (red hat)! And, there was a lot of training in the instructor corp. I advanced from IIT to IIT1. Three other IIT’s took the proficiency check (PC, test to advance) but I do not know if they advanced or not.

Saturday saw a bright sunny day with a lot of sweating, sunburns and water breaks. Sunday was overcast, a couple of sprinkles AND NO WIND OR BREEZE! Talk about sticky!

Being able to meet Fred was fun and I learned a lot. T-bolt and family (land owner) are talking about another shoot in Sept or Oct with maybe a couple of mini appleseeds in the mix. Stay tuned for more details. We’d like to make future Lafayette shoots a regular occurrence. That means we need to fill the line. So we want to see you all there.

-UR

mikea46996

Shooter
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    I tell you all what. I have never met Fred and am sad that I will not get to see him this weekend. But if one of you who have not registered is willing to go and say "Hi!" for me, I will pay your way.

That's right, the first one to PM me before the Evanbrite site stops registration tommorow night will get their attendance paid for by me out of my own (not so big) pocket. All you have to do is PM me, go, shoot, learn, and be sure to tell Fred I said "Hi".

The only stipulation is that you are a new Appleseeder, not one who has been before. Don't fret if you have no ammo or no rifle - those are things we can get supplied for you for the weekend.

No joke here people.

So, the clock starts now...

techres

P.S. Getting to meet Fred is a very special thing. I have been in the program for 3 years and still have not had the honor. Do not miss the opportunity!

WOW I wish I would have seen this!!! I want to do an Appleseed so bad but I have been laid off for some time and can't afford it so I normally don't even look at these threads.(same reason I don't read Playboy, why tease yourself with something you can't have!!)

You sir are an outstanding person and I want to shake your hand someday!!!:rockwoot:

I have come to the realization that although I am a good shot I could vastly improve with training both pistol and rifle.

People like you will do more to keep gun owners going then anything else!!!

CulpeperMM

Master
    Feb 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    This was fun and educational. I'm no rifleman, but i enjoyed it.

The instructors did a great job, the History was very informative and presented in a very entertaining fashion. I certainly have things to work on and look forward to seeing these guys and gals again soon. It was a pleasure meeting Fred. I have the utmost respect for the man, and really appreciate what he has started and the individuals he has helped groom into a fine organization.

Until next time.

hawkhavn

Sharpshooter
    Apr 2, 2008
    SE Idaho
    Well, it sounds like another great Appleseed went into the history books!

Remember, this weekend is Cloverdale just down the road from Indy, Terre Haute, Lafayette and Bloomington. There are a few spots left on the line and the rumor is that the fine ladies that provided lunch in April are doing breakfast and lunch for this weekend.

Guest Shootboss is Treadcarefully from Illinois, another man who knows what he is about...

Come on out, no rain this weekend or at least that is what the weatherman promises.

Hawkhavn

Top Bottom