• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • purdue98

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2015
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    After joining my fiancé in the Lafayette area and moving from Indianapolis, there is limited access to outdoor firing ranges.
    Previously I had access (30 minute drive) to the Indiana DNR range in the Edinburgh area.
    I noticed that Linden Indiana has a Conservation Club for $100 a year. Has anyone joined a Conservation Club? Thoughts?
    Sorely miss taking the .308's out for a lead walk. No fun in the gun safe.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    After joining my fiancé in the Lafayette area and moving from Indianapolis, there is limited access to outdoor firing ranges.
    Previously I had access (30 minute drive) to the Indiana DNR range in the Edinburgh area.
    I noticed that Linden Indiana has a Conservation Club for $100 a year. Has anyone joined a Conservation Club? Thoughts?
    Sorely miss taking the .308's out for a lead walk. No fun in the gun safe.

Limited access? I don't understand.

Why don't you join a club and shoot your .308s all you want? You are wanting to shoot a .308 handgun? If rifle, why did you post in the handgun forum>

I belong to several clubs around Lafayette. I do not understand your question as I am completely confused.

Last edited:

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    As you can see Kirk's easily confused some days, (just kidding but you are getting older....). He is right you would have gotten more responses if you posted in the General Firearms forum but I guess this is where you ended up.

To answer your question Linden Conservation Club isn't too bad of a place. They have 2 pistol/rimfire ranges, (20 & 25 yards) a 50 yard and 100 yard range for rifle, pistols and muzzle loaders and a decent sporting clays field. They also have fishing, (the ponds are stocked over the summer), archery and a small camping area. Like any club with 800 members you will run into the occasional person who doesn't "play well with others" or feel the rules shouldn't apply to them but for the most part the members are a good group. Some days it's busy so don't always expect to have range to yourself.

It's all volunteers that run the club so hours the club house is open is limited. They try to have someone there on Wed. and Sat. from 10 am to 4 pm and Sunday from Noon to 4 pm. but there is the rare occasion that no one is available to open it up. if you want to stop by and get more info the best days are Wed. and Sat.

It's not as easy to get a membership as it once was since they put a cap on it. The only memberships available are from those people that failed to renew on time. There are usually a few a month but some months there may not be any and they go fast. The best way to find out if there are any available to check their Facebook page after the first Monday of the month or call the first Wednesday following the the first Monday of the month. If you couldn't tell, the first Monday of the month is the membership meeting where it's decided if there are any new memberships available for the month.

If you're looking for some place to shoot occasionally there are a few DNR ranges within a 45 minute drive of Lafayette and Bass & Bucks in Wabash has day rates that are reasonable and their ranges go out to 750 yards. About Us

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    :wow: a guy with 2 posts confused Kirk! Wait, 2 posts in two years, I guess he had time to think about it...:D..

Good luck finding a range. I think the dues are worth it.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Yeah, sorry, I simply was not tracking the OP at all.

If he is looking for club info, then I am a member here: Wildcat Valley Rifle & Pistol Club

If you want to go and check it out, please PM me and be my guest and I'll give you the dime tour . . . and we might just shoot some.:D

It'll make up for my confusion!

This is the one I was thinking of .....

They have a class, in April, IIRC .....

http://www.wvrpc.org/files/highpowerfiles/HP Docs/Highpower Clinic.pdf

This is the info you want, I think .....

Co-Chairman%09-John%20Kidder

Contact this guy, he is good people .....

Top Bottom