• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Where do these liberal moms come from, my mom and my wife like to shoot. If they keep destroying the second ammendment, these will be the same people crying when they lose first ammendment rights, and don't have the ability to do anything about it!
    Basically, some (not all) devote their lives on what they can take from others. A personality issue I would reckon. When persons can't come to the realization that no law will ever stop evil from wrong doing, we then have a bigger problem.

ezdubbin97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2009
    Lafayette
    I want to keep this up and visible to remind people of the possibility of a counter rally. I wish I could actually take the reigns on organizing the event, but I cannot do Saturday. Indiana Moms Against Gun Control is looking to help bring the event to a reality: https://www.facebook.com/IndianaMomsAgainstGunControl?ref=ts&fref=ts

I hope we can have a good turn out!! I can't recall Lafayette hosting a 2A rally, so hopefully this one can make the media and make a mark on where the actual majority of us stand.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    PURDUE students need to turn out for this too!

I want to keep this up and visible to remind people of the possibility of a counter rally. I wish I could actually take the reigns on organizing the event, but I cannot do Saturday. Indiana Moms Against Gun Control is looking to help bring the event to a reality: https://www.facebook.com/IndianaMomsAgainstGunControl?ref=ts&fref=ts

I hope we can have a good turn out!! I can't recall Lafayette hosting a 2A rally, so hopefully this one can make the media and make a mark on where the actual majority of us stand.

I would suggest two rallies at 10 on the 27th, one in Tapawingo Park with as many students as possible, and a parallel gathering in Riehle Plaza. (Even better might be to start at 9:30 so the "moms" have to 'run the gauntlet'.)

Does anyone have a listing of local gun shops and sporting goods stores, to post announcements?

Also, are there any Lafayette locals who have self-defense anecdotes to share?

Last edited:

scott delaney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    i do belive i will be there for the counter demonstration and looking for a good turn out of leagal gun owners and pro 2nd admenment peolpe......i bet we would get no attention from the j&c

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Easy enough, just save it to a USB key take it to some printing place like Staples or wherever, and have 'em make it as big as you like. Maybe put it on foam board so it's more durable?

Kinda strange that some of the organizers appear to be saying they WANT to do this, but can't make the rally they're organizing, LOL... JMO.

Just a thought, but two pro-2A rallies simultaneously doesn't sound like a great idea. Typically ya want as many supporters at the location as possible. Basically, to 'outnumber' the opposition, if you will. So, better to have ALL 2A supporters to show up in one spot.

And if you want some "ammunition" to fight these whackjobs, might I suggest EVERYONE here immediately e-mail Purdue and fervently and vehemently complain to the university that Sue Eiler is using her position at Purdue to promote a non-Purdue political agenda.

That's a big no-no at Purdue, using one's 'title' or 'status' for personal self-promotion. Okay with me if she gets fired.

Just send an e-mail to Mitch demanding that Eiler to either seriously censured, or better, terminated.

And don't forget to make sure you ALSO contact in some way (like they did) Sens. Dan Coats and Joe Donnelly. You might want to let them know you're making contact directly because of Sue Eiler and MDAGSA

Just another thought.

Sounds worthwhile. I'd like to get this one supersized:

china_gun_control.jpg

Last edited:

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Easy enough, just save it to a USB key take it to some printing place like Staples or wherever, and have 'em make it as big as you like. Maybe put it on foam board so it's more durable?

Kinda strange that some of the organizers appear to be saying they WANT to do this, but can't make the rally they're organizing, LOL... JMO.

Just a thought, but two pro-2A rallies simultaneously doesn't sound like a great idea. Typically ya want as many supporters at the location as possible. Basically, to 'outnumber' the opposition, if you will. So, better to have ALL 2A supporters to show up in one spot.

And if you want some "ammunition" to fight these whackjobs, might I suggest EVERYONE here immediately e-mail Purdue and fervently and vehemently complain to the university that Sue Eiler is using her position at Purdue to promote a non-Purdue political agenda.

That's a big no-no at Purdue, using one's 'title' or 'status' for personal self-promotion. Okay with me if she gets fired.

Just send an e-mail to Mitch demanding that Eiler to either seriously censured, or better, terminated.

And don't forget to make sure you ALSO contact in some way (like they did) Sens. Dan Coats and Joe Donnelly. You might want to let them know you're making contact directly because of Sue Eiler and MDAGSA

Just another thought.

I know the organizers of this event have had another event planned for a couple of months now. This event is in direct response to the other event that was planned for the same day. The same group of moms who say they will be counter protesting every event IMAGC plans.

The organizers of this event however have other people stepping up to help out. Also, not all organizers are missing the event.

Letters to Senators Coats & Donnelly are still available for signatures at US Defense Solutions in Greenwood.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down

Just sent an email to Mitch Daniels. Told him that I did not appreciate one of the employees at my alma mater, class of 2001, using her position with the university to advance her personal agenda. Told him she does not speak for Purdue or its alumni. Told him that I would closely monitor his handling of the situation, as it directly affects my continued membership in the John Purdue Club and my willingness to continue to financially support my alma mater.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    BTT

Not an organizer, but happy to be involved. I think Sue Eiler is probably a neighbor, so I'd be glad to give her a big howdy-do that day. :):

Anyone have fliers set up for this? Be glad to help distribute...

sgt.porter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    Deleware County
    BTT

Not an organizer, but happy to be involved. I think Sue Eiler is probably a neighbor, so I'd be glad to give her a big howdy-do that day. :):

Anyone have fliers set up for this? Be glad to help distribute...

IMAGC has an organizer who stepped up to take the helm. Any and all help is greatly appreciated though. We have also discussed rearranging our vacation plans so we can attend. Now that yesterday's rally is behind us, we will focus on the Lafayette rally. Fliers will be available for download this weekend. We'll keep you updated.

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    You are missing the point. This is a well funded attempt to use sentiment to attack the SA. Make no mistake this is just an attempt to get a foot in the door. What we need is a well attended counter rally at every place they show up.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    You are missing the point. This is a well funded attempt to use sentiment to attack the SA. Make no mistake this is just an attempt to get a foot in the door. What we need is a well attended counter rally at every place they show up.

You are so right ... and ...
    Indiana Mom's Against Gun Control (IMAGC) {and the men who support them} has said this is part of their mission. If you're on FaceBook look them up and share with everyone you know.

There is also now a website/blog type site for those that do not do facebook; (which reminds me, I need to go get updated on that part.) --- Thanks for the reminder.

The only way to counter their mis-information and emotional propaganda is to be seen and heard; while speaking the truth, educating people and making sure their voices are not the only ones being heard.

Volinkov

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    West Lafayette
    Three of the four items on their agenda are the same things Colorado just passed and the same as ms Feinstein got through the Judiciary committee. No one should have an assault weapon, magazines of no more than ten rounds, universal background checks, bla bla bla . Like to know who is providing the funding for these groups. I don't think this will go very far in Indiana and if it is as well attended as the ones in Indy have been (not), it will still make the nightly news. They do have the college crowd for moral support though.

I'm at Purdue. I'll probably show up and see what they are up to.

cubbetm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    the girlfriend and I will be there for the counter rally i suppose. is the ped bridge considered college property or city?

andski3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Carmel
    Huh, half my family is in Lafayette and almost all the women shoot. I think I am going to plan on going for a counter demonstration. OC of course, and maybe with a rifle...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom