• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    They must not have much to do. Guess this is better than picking off folks going 2 mph over the limit.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Wow. You have to be kidding me.

What happens when they see a firearm?
    An old beer can?
    Rolling papers?

I wonder how many cars they "test for security" will smell like pot to the invasive criminal, and if they claim it does, will it lead to a toss of the car without the owner present? This is just scary. Don't touch my stuff, it isn't your job. We need to import some deaf whittlers from Washington so our officers will have something to do to pass the time.

Can I walk into a bank and test their security?
    Can I see if a cop car in unlocked? Check and see if they have any shotguns in the front seat? I'll have to confiscate it for "Citizen Safety" and write them a report card with an F rating.

Where do they derive this authority to "check if doors are locked"?

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    If you're dumb enough to not lock your car, then you deserve to have it stolen.

And with this new implementation, I have a funny feeling that car thefts are going to skyrocket.

A badge doesn't give anyone the right to see if my car is unlocked.

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    I suppose someone might follow behind the officers and checking for F-ratings. Those vehicles ought to make for easy/good targets.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009

That is a good question as it appears to be outside the scope of law enforcement. There is no law that says you must lock your door. As well as, to what other areas of property does this mentality extend?

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    Wow. You have to be kidding me.

What happens when they see a firearm?
    An old beer can?
    Rolling papers?

I wonder how many cars they "test for security" will smell like pot to the invasive criminal, and if they claim it does, will it lead to a toss of the car without the owner present? This is just scary. Don't touch my stuff, it isn't your job. We need to import some deaf whittlers from Washington so our officers will have something to do to pass the time.

Can I walk into a bank and test their security?
    Can I see if a cop car in unlocked? Check and see if they have any shotguns in the front seat? I'll have to confiscate it for "Citizen Safety" and write them a report card with an F rating.

Perhaps they'll start to do "security checks" on homes and apartments too.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    And with this new implementation, I have a funny feeling that car thefts are going to skyrocket.

A badge doesn't give anyone the right to see if my car is unlocked.

Don't park your care on public property and I am sure they will not check it. But touching cars is not a crime.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I suppose someone might follow behind the officers and checking for F-ratings. Those vehicles ought to make for easy/good targets.

That brings into question, are the cops then going to enter the vehicle and lock the doors of those that fail that portion of the test? I say that portion, because the article states that being unlocked or having items visible are only a few criteria being tested.

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    That brings into question, are the cops then going to enter the vehicle and lock the doors of those that fail that portion of the test? I say that portion, because the article states that being unlocked or having items visible are only a few criteria being tested.

Hah, yeah. Might one end up with their keys locked in their car then? Or be locked out of a vehicle that has faulty locking mechanisms that the owner would have never used?

I was just thinking that the security report card is more of a "steal me" tag.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    As a thug, robber and thief, I look forward to the police making my job easier. Now all I have to do is wait for police to leave and for every car with a report card, I can just steal whatever I want out of it. Thanks, fuzz!

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Hey, relax. As long as they're busy doing this, they aren't writing tax collection tickets, or administering beatdowns. Winning. :)

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Is there ANY problem that the government can't solve for us?

If these yahoos are that bored, then lay some of them off.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    They must not have much to do. Guess this is better than picking off folks going 2 mph over the limit.

Actually, LPD has plentyto do. Mainly babysitting 2 or 3 apartment complexes. (one of which has it's very own LPD substation) I'm not too crazy about the idea of anybody, just willy nilly jacking around with my vehicle, but if they do this in the right areas the extra police presence might be beneficial. Just another reason why I live surrounded by 100 acres, 6 miles from the nearest town.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    As a thug, robber and thief, I look forward to the police making my job easier. Now all I have to do is wait for police to leave and for every car with a report card, I can just steal whatever I want out of it. Thanks, fuzz!

Just blindly speculating here, as I am wont to do...

Not only that but.... If that were to happen and you came back to your car
    and found something missing with a "the police have been here" tag on your car
    someone MIGHT try to make the case that the office took something.

Notice I used the words "might" and "try".

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    If you're dumb enough to not lock your car, then you deserve to have it stolen.
    That's idiotic. I guess if you're dumb enough to be alive you deserve to be killed to? Or if you're dumb enough to work, you deserve to be fired.

I'll lock or not lock my property if I want, there is no law saying I have to and it's not the cops job to touch my property to see if it meets some imagined standard of security. I'd be just as pissed with a cop opening my vehicle without permission as I would anyone else.

Top Bottom