• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Tragic. As a native westsider I have fond memories of Lafayette Square Mall in the '70s and into the '80s.

Now it would serve as a shoot house for IMPD Swat. It is in need of bulldozing.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    I bet you will find the perp hiding out in a gun store that is suspiciously close to that venue. I would almost bet that is where the gun came from originally, also. But that is just my opinion.

:): The not so subtle shots (no pun intended) directed at that particular gun store are amusing, and likely true. Sad thing is, the shooters probably paid $500 for their Hi Points and $450 for their .25 ACP Lorcins. I thought that mall was close to vacant, didn't most of the businesses leave that cesspool?

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    :): The not so subtle shots (no pun intended) directed at that particular gun store are amusing, and likely true. Sad thing is, the shooters probably paid $500 for their Hi Points and $450 for their .25 ACP Lorcins. I thought that mall was close to vacant, didn't most of the businesses leave that cesspool?

I kid you not, when I lived in Indy I went their with a friend who wanted to look at a *insert high dollar gun I can't remember* and the guy behind the counter said, "We don't carry those, they're too expensive for drive by's!" At the time I thought he was kidding... how wrong I was! :):

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I hope they never close this mall because if they do all the thugs will migrate to other parts of the area.

Too late. Section 8 vouchers have caused the thugs to be spread out all over the metro area. A similar thing happened down in Memphis, TN. There was even a study done about it. There are vehicle break-ins all over the metro area, muggings, robberies, etc.. Nora has went from a place you would never think a parking lot robbery would occur, back in the mid-90s, to a place where you seem to hear about one robbery or carjacking every month.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Tragic. As a native westsider I have fond memories of Lafayette Square Mall in the '70s and into the '80s.

Now it would serve as a shoot house for IMPD Swat. It is in need of bulldozing.

Funny that you would say that. Every time I pass that place, I think to myself, "How cool would it be to have the money to buy up that place and turn the whole damned thing into indoor ranges". That old Days in there in Lafayette just off of 65 gets those thoughts too.

spitfire51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    When I first moved to Indy I had all my bank accounts at Bank of America. I went to that mall once because it had the only BoA ATM in the area. After spending 2 minutes in the place I quickly realized I needed a new bank. Never been back, never will

monitor51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    West Central IN
    I hate to stereotype but that would have been the mall I would have guessed if I had to play that game. I in that mall once, and I could tell my presence was not very appreciated.

I'm guessing shooting in the air still didn't shut the girls up.

z0mb13_m0nk3y

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Indy
    Before moving to Indy my work put me up in a hotel on 38th street. This was about 8 years ago. I had no idea about the area and decided one afternoon to check out the mall. Looked sketchy on the outside but being young and dumb thought it couldnt be that bad. Walked in and felt immediately in danger. Like the whole place stopped and looked at me. Needless to say I didn't "fit in." I turned out the door and got out of there and have never been back. There's plenty of other places in Indy. I can't find a reason to ever even have to go to 38th st again.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I only go to LSM for the new Air Jordan releases..... it's fantastic.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StQVCeVoqVI[/ame]

yenningcomity

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    As someone who worked at the Taco Bell across from the gun store that is so wrongly being accused for a period of time last year, I must say that this is all being blown out of proportion.

As a manager I had to work nights which means leaving around 5-6am depending on how things went. I never had a problem. Everyone was always nice to me. No one ever came through that gave the creeps, or drove through high or drunk. There is no way they would ever do that even when the strip clubs closed for the night. 38th street is a great place.

I never had any problems when I went into the gun store in question. I never felt like I needed a shower. The prices were great because he isn't really out to make money, he just wanted to sell me guns. I never heard anything but rave reviews about his gun range either. Not one story of someone getting shot while using it. I never saw any shady characters going in to buy firearms under false pretenses.

38th street is somewhere I would take my neighbors kids without question. :D

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    LM if a cricket jumps diagonally across the wrong blade of grass it's considered a Class B felony out there. :D
    One of my teachers from high school is now a judge out there. Not sure if one claimed to know me if that would help or hurt:D

As someone who worked at the Taco Bell across from the gun store that is so wrongly being accused for a period of time last year, I must say that this is all being blown out of proportion.

As a manager I had to work nights which means leaving around 5-6am depending on how things went. I never had a problem. Everyone was always nice to me. No one ever came through that gave the creeps, or drove through high or drunk. There is no way they would ever do that even when the strip clubs closed for the night. 38th street is a great place.

I never had any problems when I went into the gun store in question. I never felt like I needed a shower. The prices were great because he isn't really out to make money, he just wanted to sell me guns. I never heard anything but rave reviews about his gun range either. Not one story of someone getting shot while using it. I never saw any shady characters going in to buy firearms under false pretenses.

38th street is somewhere I would take my neighbors kids without question. :D
    Where is the purple?

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I used to work in Lafayette Square chasing down shoplifters. I would say it's definitely not as bad as a lot of folks would have you believe, but it's much worse by comparison to other malls. You won't be robbed or killed for going there, but it's sketchy compared to Castleton. If they had any stores that I needed to go to, I wouldn't hestitate to do so. It just seems that all of the useful stores have left that mall.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    I used to work in Lafayette Square chasing down shoplifters. I would say it's definitely not as bad as a lot of folks would have you believe, but it's much worse by comparison to other malls. You won't be robbed or killed for going there, but it's sketchy compared to Castleton. If they had any stores that I needed to go to, I wouldn't hestitate to do so. It just seems that all of the useful stores have left that mall.

Castleton seems to be heading in the wrong direction too.

Top Bottom