• ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Mine is on the way!! :rockwoot:

I've been on the list so long that my number has actually come up twice before, but I was unable to make it happen financially and requested to be moved to the back of the line each time. NO MORE! Lage now accepts credit card payments. :D

Should have the conversion unit and spare mags in-hand early next week; I'll put up a range report as soon as I've had a chance to fire it.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Congrats, thats awesome. They told me about a month ago that I was #207 on the list, but just read last week or so on uzitalk that they were first now filling orders from last July. Hopefully since they moved to a bigger place they can speed things up.

Cant wait to see the range report. Take plenty of videos. I love me some machinegun video.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    They have any intention of making an M10 version (or anyone else for that matter)? The Calico upper seems to be vaporware still, despite the e-mail they sent me back saying they were still working on it.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    They have any intention of making an M10 version (or anyone else for that matter)? The Calico upper seems to be vaporware still, despite the e-mail they sent me back saying they were still working on it.

Practical Solutions makes an M10 .22 kit. You'd probably have to call them though, their website doesnt look like its updated very often.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Practical Solutions makes an M10 .22 kit. You'd probably have to call them though, their website doesnt look like its updated very often.

I thought they weren't making them anymore? They are perpetually out of stock (and have been for well over the 6 months I've been looking at their site).

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I thought they weren't making them anymore? They are perpetually out of stock (and have been for well over the 6 months I've been looking at their site).

That could very well be. I just know Ive heard of them. Id still try calling them to see what they say since the last update on their site was from 2010.

Wesley Willis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Indiana
    Just paid for my Max-10 upper from Lage yesterday!

I have a M10 9mm with the UZI grip conversion from Practical Solutions. I love the UZI grip conversion. I have a ton of UZI mags, and didn't pay much for them at all. Way better than the Zytel mags...

I also have a 22 upper from Practical Solutions. I haven't shot it much at all. I know it did not function with Mini Mags or Stingers. Seemed to cycle pretty good with Federal ammo with the unplated bullet. Sam from Practical told me to try the Federal with plated bullets, or any other cheap 22 ammo. I think it was designed to run on the cheap crap, but I believe it feeds better with the "slicker" plated bullets. The only problem I see with the Practical Solutions upper is the magazine. It is a proprietary magazine. They use H&K 270 magazines, that have a slot milled in the back or a tiny magazine catch welded on. The modified H&K270 mags are 20 rounders, which isn't enough for a machine gun in my opinion. Sam also has his own magazines that are 30 rounders, but he doesn't have any in stock. He told me he is getting a new batch laser welded that are thicker with the magazine catch machined in the rear, instead of the welded catch like the ones I have, but he has no idea when he can get them made/laser welded. For me, especially on a machine gun, I want a TON of magazines. I have 20 UZI mags for the 9mm configuration, and I usually load every one at home and take them with me to the range. I would love to have at least 10 magazines for my 22 upper, but I will have to settle on 3 now. Ive just been having too much fun shooting it in 9mm, I have never swapped it out much for the 22 upper...

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    I have been on the list for my 22 conversion since October. At that time I was told 1 year wait. So that means I have roughly four to five more months before I see mine. I'm ready for some 22 FA fun.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Kit arrived today; pretty quick shipping from AZ to IN! :yesway:

The kit installed into my upper without incident, but I was halfway through loading the second magazine when the loading tool broke. Which sucks, because the manual clearly and boldly states Always use the loading tool to load the magazine. :xmad:

It is pretty apparent that the mag loader and magazines are going to be the weak link here (which is a given, as they are manufactured by Black Dog Machine; I am not a fan)... it is possible to load the mags by hand while ensuring the rims of the rounds in the stack do not overlap or lock up, but it is a slow, tedious process. Several times, I had to unload several rounds and reload them in order to maintain the proper spring tension and angle on the top round. The design of the loader is supposed to facilitate this, but if it is such a critical component it really should be of more robust construction.

I have already Emailed Lage to request a new loader. In the meantime, I'll be test-firing the upper tomorrow with about 120 rounds of CCI Mini Mag and a bunch of Federal American Eagle ammo. We'll see what happens.

Stay tuned!

Last edited:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Well, I took the Lage .22 kit out for its inaugural run today... and I must say, I'm less than impressed. Did not get through an entire magazine without at least one (usually multiple) malfunctions. Failures to eject (stovepipes, double feeds) and failures to feed were the most common, although I did have one *very* strange malfunction where a spent casing got flipped around 180 degrees while still on the bolt face, then the force of the bolt slamming home smashed the case onto the firing pin, requiring disassembly of the upper and a pair of needle-nose pliers to remove it.

I believe that mags and ammo are to blame for the vast majority of the malfunctions I had... Lage actually recommends shooting Remington Golden Bullet :puke: so I'll have to try some of that, and maybe some Stingers. I did, however, shoot some CCI Mini-Mag which is also on the "recommended" list, and had lots of issues with it. Ditto with Federal American Eagle plated HP (which is not on the list). The Black Dog mags are absolute garbage, IMO, and unfortunately there's no fix for that since they are the sole provider of mags for this kit.

When the kit runs, it's a lot of fun. It's pretty accurate, still has a little recoil and the ROF is not so high as to be an ammo waster. I will continue to experiment with ammo to see if I can find something the gun likes, but as I initially feared, the mags are going to be the weak point with this system.

Anybody else here have a Lage kit? If so, are there any tips or tricks you care to share about getting it to run reliably?

Thanks!

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    From most of the things Ive read on them, it takes quite a few rounds put through it before they really run good with any brand of ammo. I really dont understand why they recommend RGB's either. Thats about the worst of all .22 ammo. Doesnt make sense.

Hope you get it to work ok.

Top Bottom