• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Smitty506th

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    I just got some .223 at a south side Gun Shop and it is from Lake City. Haven't had a chance to get any of it down range yet and I was wondering if anyone has had any negative experiences with it? As long as it goes bang I won't have a problem, I am just wondering what opinions there are of it, if any.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    LC should be fine and its great brass to reload. Ive shot tens of thousands of rounds in 5.56, 7.62 & .30-06.....

The only issue that Ive ever had was some split cases at the neck with one batch of 5.56. Apparrently there was a recall due to the improper annealing process and some how these got out to the gun shows. It was cheap enough, just over Wolf pricing back then, but it was diffecult to throw away alot of that brass.

CJsammo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    Regular Lake City in 5.56 or 7.62x51 usually always is very dependable, the only thing I have seen not work like it should is LC tracers and its not the powder its the MIL Bullet itself thats only about a 60% light rate. On the open market LC is usually one of the most desirable ammunitions in mil surplus market***I agree with the brass it is great to reload and I usually get some extra loads out of the brass more than normal anyway.

Top Bottom