• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    $400 Million...That's a lot of modernization. That sounds like the scope of work done when a car company gets an assembly plant ready for a new model.

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    I dnt get it.... Right now people are buying the s**t outa ammo... And lake city is laying off.. They act like they don't the market to keep producing. Something fishy if u ask me...

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    I dnt get it.... Right now people are buying the s**t outa ammo... And lake city is laying off.. They act like they don't the market to keep producing. Something fishy if u ask me...
    Read the article. They're modernizing equipment so they need less people to produce the same or more ammo.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    The plant is federally owned, but Alliant leases it. It doesn't make any sense, given the market, to lay off anyone. Sure they have new equipment that doesn't require as many people but why not just keep the old lines running too? "obeyme's" fingers have to be in this, just like the apparent--and illegal--resumed destruction of used brass by DOD

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Did you see the bends? A man could shoot a life time on one of them.

As far as the lay offs go that was just like Ford. We hooked up the new equipment and they laid of 100 people before they even had the equipment up and running. It is just how things are dun today. Get rid of people. They are just to much trouble.

Racechase1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Indy
    Also Obammy may also being cutting production there, and have private vendors pick up the slack. As long as they're making ammo for the fed, it's less in civilians hands.

Top Bottom