• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redlined24

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2014
    bloomington
    i fish Monroe about every weekend when the weather is nice, always from the bank. the last few years have mainly been catfishing. i general catch a decent amount of cats but they are always in the 2lb range, just curious if anyone else here has had decent luck with catching cats from the bank?

npark362

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2014
    Solsberry
    My cousin took me to a spot on lake monroe where we caught a pretty good sized cat, didnt catch the poundage, but we where there for about an hour and as soon as we lost all hope we got a lucky catch and also it had started to lightly rain and the fish started to bite pretty good. I would recommend going to a unpopulated area right as the sun goes down and try your luck, also try a rainy evening.

jath08

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    Greencastle, IN
    Fairfax Beach area is the best place I know. If you go into the park and down to the swim beach area and follow the concrete walkway all the way out to you cant go any further there are two huge concrete walkways that take the place of the original shoreline one on the north and one on the south side (where the swim beach is at) of the little peninsula. Either side are good spots to produce eating size cats. I've caught 10 to 15 channels there in a six hour period, all good eating size. The biggest was around 15 pounds. The only downside is the walk and the fact you have to pay $5 bucks to get into the park.

redlined24

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2014
    bloomington
    yep i have heard good things about that spot, but right now you cant even see the beach area or the walkway. the water is all the way up about 5-10 feet away from the parking lot. :xmad:

Jbow

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2014
    Muncie
    Never catfish it but we do have several bass tournaments there every year and we do real good up in the creeks with 3/8 jig and pig around the wood.

irishhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Mooresville
    We always have good luck fishing in front of the tube that goes under the road between fairfax and eagle point , on both sides . you can get to from bank

jath08

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    Greencastle, IN
    The only other spot that I fish on a regular basis is Moore's Creek. Its probably under water as well since Fairfax is flooded though. However, Its a pretty decent spot when the waters down. I've never purposely fished for cats there though like I have at Fairfax. I fish strictly for carp at Moore's creek but have unintentionally caught my bag limit on channels there three times over when I have night fished. Its pretty shallow all the way across ( my friends wife waded almost all the way across and it never got above her shoulders and she's around 6' tall) with a soft mucky bottom. Saw I guy last year using live bluegill set about 2 foot off the bottom under a bobber with a glowstick land a low 30 pound flathead. He was fishing about 30 yards from the bank back in one of the big coves there. Moore's creek IMO is definitely a cat hotspot when the waters down before the spawn and when all the baitfish mass together there. Definitely check it out. Its hard to give directions to get there but it is on the Monroe Lake maps that you can get at the DNR shacks. You also don't have to pay to get in since its not located inside any of the main recreational areas. The only downside to the Moore's Creek area is you will have to contend with alot of kayakers and swimmers as its a well known hotspot to launch from and swim at. Also be sure to have your fishing license on hand because DNR makes frequent visits there in the summer time and especially at night. It does make for a relatively safe place to overnight fish.

Top Bottom