• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    This Appleseed is fast approaching and to date, nobody has signed up to attend. The best Shoot Boss in NWI has already committed her time to be there to teach you knuckleheads. Sign up now.

What's that you say? There's still 25' of snow on the ground in NWI? So what? The internet lines are wide open ... I see your posts ... sign up now. Let's fill the line up for the first Lake Village Appleseed this year!

Jedi / da PINK Father has presented at least two (2) passes to attend an Appleseed at Lake Village for FREE. That's at least 2 people with no financial excuse to sign up (notice I wrote 'at least' ... I've learned a bit about how NWI math works). Sign up now!

As an added bonus for this Appleseed, there will be FREE Mary Lou's donuts Saturday morning for all the shooters (yes, even if you're a walk-on).

Don't let the "ammunition drought" or lack of a rifle stop you either. Sign up now, then PM the Shoot Boss ... loaner rifles and enough ammunition for you to shoot the Appleseed will be found.

If the NWI shooters can coax Jedi to attend, he will be presented with a PINK GI web sling for him to use as he attempts to shoot that elusive Rifleman's score.

Did I mention FREE Mary Lou's donuts Saturday morning for all the shooters?

tatic05

Expert
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I was one of the lucky ones who won the giveaway. I amn leaning towards making this one...if not I will be there in June guaranteed.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    I was one of the lucky ones who won the giveaway. I amn leaning towards making this one...if not I will be there in June guaranteed.

Congratulations on the win! I strongly encourage you to attend in April, and bring a friend or two. The free Mary Lou's donuts are guaranteed for the April Appleseed at Lake Village.

My daughter scheduled her wedding on the same weekend as the June AS, so there is no guarantee of donuts for that event.

Still working out the details for the September Lake Village AS ... if I get a kitchen pass, then there will be more Mary Lou's donuts in September.

But, don't let the offer of free food sway your attendance ... get out to as many Appleseeds as you can ... and bring a friend or two.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :coffee:

So TJ is finally learning how NWI Math works. Gggggoooooodddddd! :)
    I plan on spamming the NWI INGO group this weekend since I know there are several members who wanted to go last year but could not and some returning members who wanted to go again.

As for that PINK sling.. :drool: but I seriously doubt that Jedi or Da PINKFather will be out for the April shoot.
    Now let me go start sounding the bullhorn about this event. Ya got a flyer by chance so I can start posting those around town as well.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    If anyone needs a 10/22 youth rifle set up for Appleseed for their kid let me know. Also I will provide the ammo for it if you can't find any. My 9 year old son had a blast last year do this. He still talks about it. Hope to make the next one.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    YUPPIE!!!

Yuppie, hippie, slacker, old fart, Gen X, PinkFather ... we don't care who you are or what freak flag you fly. All we ask is you show up with a teachable attitude.

Still plenty of room on the line. Let's get it filled up with all you fine Americans in NWI.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    There's still got plenty of room on the line for this event. Sign up yourself, your spouse and children, and your old auntie.

This is a NWI shoot, I totally expect to see a full line (even if half the line voted more than once)!

Don't let equipment hold you back. If you need a loner rifle or ammo, a shooting mat, let us know. We'll find a way to make things work.

Andyccw

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    May 22, 2009
    NW INDY
    So, uh, is there any place to use the bathroom in Lake Village?
    I just got a call that the Pioneer campground bathrooms wont be open yet due to ground freezing concerns.
    It seems like a place that wouldn't want me dropping a deuce in the open...
    Either way, it's not a deal breaker for me, since our forefathers didn't have toilets.
    I am still making the trek from south of Indy.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    LOL ... we've got you covered ... there's way too much for us to teach for you to spend the day digging cat holes.

There will be a port-a-potty on site. Close enough to the firing line to be readily accessible, but not so close that everybody will know your business.

Iroquois

Expert
    Apr 7, 2011
    Portapotty usually gets there by noon on friday....campers are welcome on site friday night....bring you woolens 'cause I don't foresee any heat waves.

tatic05

Expert
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    You can camp on site as well but it's primitive camping, no power.

Camp onsite, as in where the class is being held? I tried getting ahold of Pioneer campground and they are not responding. I was about to throw in the towel on this one but now I might be rethinking that.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Camp onsite, as in where the class is being held? I tried getting ahold of Pioneer campground and they are not responding. I was about to throw in the towel on this one but now I might be rethinking that.

Yup.
    I have not done it but the place is real nice and with the port-o-potty there (it comes specifically for the event, ie it's new) it is a good deal.

tatic05

Expert
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Yup.
    I have not done it but the place is real nice and with the port-o-potty there (it comes specifically for the event, ie it's new) it is a good deal.

How would one go about getting something setup for this? I would probably come in early Sat. morning.

Top Bottom