• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • defender14

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    Fishers
    When I got my LTCH I tried to get it copied and Laminated at Staples and received the "No, we won't do that, It's illegal" bs, so I went across the street to office max, they didn;t mind making copies and laminating them at all. I probably paid $5 or so but I now have a few signed and laminated copies of my LTCH, it's not perfect, but it works

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    +1 on the copies, sign, and then laminate. Kinkos/Staples even has the same pink paper.

I think I reduced mine to 88%, so that with the laminate it was the same size as a credit card. The original went in the safe.

Did the same thing. Signed mine, made copies at Office Max on almost same shade of pink paper and laminated them all. Never know when you could lose it or have it fall out of your wallet.

SheriffMedic95

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Indiana
    If you ever need a new one, they will reprint for a few dollars...but get it laminated with a heavy duty laminate. I did mine with regular laminate paper and had to replace it after a few years.

USMC1811

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I like car rod's suggestion, a few weeks ago I left my wallet at home and when I met my wife for lunch I had to send my carry pistol home without me. Better safe than sorry. I had made a copy and was told not to sigh the original because future copies must have an original signature. I will make a couple more copies and be good to go if I leave my wallet at home again.

Freeborn Man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Memphis, IN
    I just took mine in to Staples and had them make copies and laminate. The lady said she could only make the copies on white paper and that was fine with me. I had already signed my original but signed the back of the copies before lamination. The three copies and the original cost less than $3.00. I hope the copies pass.

Big J

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2011
    Evansville
    We made copies and had them laminated at a teachers supply store. Just another place to go if you are not close to Kinkos or Staples.

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    Wish I would have found this thread a few days ago.. I singed my lifetime permit before I made copys...:wallbash:

Not a few days ago for me, but I did the same thing. I already had my LTCH signed and laminated before I joined INGO and got this useful info!

Oh well. I would pay an extra ten bucks to get an actual "Credit Card" or "Drivers License" style card. :twocents:

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    I just used two strips of wide, clear packing tape to "laminate" my LTCH.

I figured that when I had my 4 year LTCH I rarely, if ever, had to pull it from my wallet. I guess I'll see what kind of longevity I get out of it.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...Oh well. I would pay an extra ten bucks to get an actual "Credit Card" or "Drivers License" style card. :twocents:

Not me.

I don't mind my Drivers License, credit or even library cards looking somewhat official, but as for my LTCH (Larry), I prefer that it look tawdry and cheap to ever remind me that it represents nothing more than an infringement and of the loathesome need to have purchased such a permission slip.

:twocents:

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    Not me.

I don't mind my Drivers License, credit or even library cards looking somewhat official, but as for my LTCH (Larry), I prefer that it look tawdry and cheap to ever remind me that it represents nothing more than an infringement and of the loathesome need to have purchased such a permission slip.

:twocents:

That aside. I just meant for the quality of the darn thing. I totally agree with your point, I just wanted something a little hardier. I after all wasn't smart enough to make copies.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ^ Gotcha. :yesway:

My rant wasn't intended to be directed at you or your reasoning, only to provide a different perspective regarding the symbolic principle of the license and its matching lack of physical integrity.

Top Bottom