• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Dragon Lady (aka wife) applied for her IN LTCH on 7 Feb 2013, and received it 90 days later on 6 May 2013:rockwoot:having this thursday 9 May 2013 off we are going to stop by the range after lunch and celebrate. However, sometime that day I would like to get her a few copies, and have them laminated:draw:been hearing so many stories about places that will and will not copy and laminate a IN LTCH:dunno: was just wondering before we start striking out, if anybody knows of a Fishers or Indy NE side place we would have no problem visiting and getting this done. I will stop by Kinkos 96th st after work and ask there, and the 96th st Staples if that dont work, but was wondering where if anywhere we could get this done hassle free?

Thanks!:patriot::ingo:

jerryv

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Evansville
    Just go wherever you want to go. There should be no issues with this. Don't even tell them what it is, just ask to have it laminated and hand it to them. You're not doing anything wrong or even controversial.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    The safest bet is to buy pink paper from a copy shop, and make your own copies at home. Anybody will laminate it, but some won't copy it. The manager of Copy Trolley, in Bedford, yelled at me that asking him to copy the license was illegal counter fitting. He said the sheriff told him that, and asked him to report anyone asking to have a copy made.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I bought a cheap laminating machine for $50 or $60 a few years ago. It does up to letter size and works great. I'm surprised how often we use it. 'Course we have 4 school age kids....who are home schooled. I'm just saying, it's useful.

By the way, the pink paper is annoyingly cheap and flimsy, but its only a hair worse than my thinner-than-card stock "Certificate of Good Standing" that I need to prove I'm licensed to commit lawyering. Indiana is all about the cheap paper products for your wallet (I almost forgot about the "Hunter education" card).

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    The "sticky type" laminating pockets at (sold at walmart, etc) CAN work
    - just use 2 of them - sticky side to sticky side and throw out the non-sticky part. - Little more flexible but I've had 0 issues w/ it.

Good Luck

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Just sign it, cut it out, laminate it. Office Max in Columbus did mine, GF's, parents. The guy behind the counter was an lamination guru and put real thick lamination on it. It's VERY durable.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Well I ended up going to the new Staples, next to the 96th St Fishers, Meijer store. Went in and "ERICA" said no problemo, never heard anything about not copying a LTCH, same paper, said "TELL ALL YOUR INGO FRIENDS TO STOP BY" made 5 copies of wifes and mine, had four each copies of original laminated. Piece of cake, cannot tell from the original. Wife now has a copy for her records, purse, and car, and will keep one in the nanovault with her Glock.

so put Staples in Fishers on your Will copy and laminate list (about $2 ea).

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Hey Mods could we get a "STICKY" as to where you can and where you can not get a IN Permit copied and laminated? Save a lot of people a trip.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Hey Mods could we get a "STICKY" as to where you can and where you can not get a IN Permit copied and laminated? Save a lot of people a trip.

It would only save a trip if the manager or the employee running the copy center hasn't changed since the last report.

I doubt many if any of the larger stores have a corporate policy on the matter, just the opinion, guess or random musings of the person you ask on that particular day. Give it a week or a month and it will likely change again.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    It would only save a trip if the manager or the employee running the copy center hasn't changed since the last report.

I doubt many if any of the larger stores have a corporate policy on the matter, just the opinion, guess or random musings of the person you ask on that particular day. Give it a week or a month and it will likely change again.
    Darned Optimist.:laugh:

Top Bottom